PDA

View Full Version : Child not attending!

TinyTinker
21-04-2015, 06:48 AM
Hi
2 weeks ago a parent contact me and said child x will not be attending for next 2 weeks due to change in family circumstances, but would return as normal on 20th at 1pm! well that was yesterday and she was a no show! I texted mum to see if all ok etc - but no reply! Am going to try contacting again today, and if still no reply phone the grandparents who also drop off and pick up.

She is a 2 year funded child as of April so have just been paid 75% of her payments up to August so if she's not coming back I want to know now!

don't know what to think - she only started with me in February.

lollipop kid
21-04-2015, 07:08 AM
Hi
2 weeks ago a parent contact me and said child x will not be attending for next 2 weeks due to change in family circumstances, but would return as normal on 20th at 1pm! well that was yesterday and she was a no show! I texted mum to see if all ok etc - but no reply! Am going to try contacting again today, and if still no reply phone the grandparents who also drop off and pick up.

She is a 2 year funded child as of April so have just been paid 75% of her payments up to August so if she's not coming back I want to know now!

don't know what to think - she only started with me in February.

Yes, agree, contact the Grandparents. It's important to check. Hope all is OK with the family.

L

chris goodyear
21-04-2015, 12:52 PM
In my area if a placement stops I keep the funded money and the parent will not be able to access 'free childcare ' at any other setting. I have to make sure the parent understands this at the beginning of our contract and my LA says it's too much paperwork and hassle to ask for the money back - so if your's is the same you will be quids in!

blue bear
21-04-2015, 06:41 PM
Have you any other concerns about the family? It's really important to try and find out what is happening.