PDA

View Full Version : recording CPD

VeggieSausage
19-04-2015, 08:11 AM
Hi all,

How does everyone record this and what sort of things do you put down. Does reviewing your planning count as CPD for example or is it just that you have been on a course about it?

moggy
19-04-2015, 08:33 AM
I use Pacey CPD record online, you need to be a Pacey member to use it.
It is your record so you record what you think is helpful for you to look back on, to reflect on, to work on.
Always reflect on how each point has improved outcomes for the children- that is mentioned in Ofsted reports.

bunyip
19-04-2015, 10:48 AM
The time I spend filling in my online pacey CPD log.........................does that count as CPD? :rolleyes:

VeggieSausage
19-04-2015, 12:15 PM
I am not a member of PACEY but useful to think about outcomes for children.....

joannetalbot
20-04-2015, 01:17 PM
I have just changed the way I record my CPD! Because I feel that I am always doing things that relate to CPD I wanted a system that was easy to stay on top of so I now record in an A5 diary what day to day CPD I do. Actual training courses, I do a training evaluation sheet which goes with the certificate but there is so much other stuff besides courses which counts towards CPD!

Sarah recently told us about the Prevent strategy so I record in my diary what I need i.e. updated safeguarding policy and download strategy document to my desktop.

When you start adding up all the updates we have they all count towards CPD and recording them daily seemed a good way of showing it :thumbsup:

hth jo xxx

crumpet54
20-04-2015, 03:07 PM
I have just changed the way I record my CPD! Because I feel that I am always doing things that relate to CPD I wanted a system that was easy to stay on top of so I now record in an A5 diary what day to day CPD I do. Actual training courses, I do a training evaluation sheet which goes with the certificate but there is so much other stuff besides courses which counts towards CPD!

Sarah recently told us about the Prevent strategy so I record in my diary what I need i.e. updated safeguarding policy and download strategy document to my desktop.

When you start adding up all the updates we have they all count towards CPD and recording them daily seemed a good way of showing it :thumbsup:

hth jo xxx
brilliant great idea I will use this once o start!