PDA

View Full Version : Cheap lockable file!

mumofone
18-04-2015, 07:08 AM
Can anyone recommend me a cheapest good value lockable file to keep children's confidential information in? Do OFSTED still require such information to be locked away?

Evie125
18-04-2015, 07:37 AM
I use a brief case with a combination lock on ( picked up at a car boot sale so was a bargain!!) Ofsted inspector saw it and made no comment so I assume it's acceptable. I store it upstairs in bedroom cupboard.

moggy
18-04-2015, 11:11 AM
The word 'locked' is not mentioned in the EYFS.

But you need to RA what is secure in your setting-
Needs to be secure from children, snooping parents, snooping members of your family/visitors, any intruders to your house... or whatever else you see as a risk.
Depending on your setting, that could be a high kitchen cupboard, could be a filing cabinet in a bedroom, could be a locked box in a hidden away place, could be a locked cupboard etc.

Freecycle often has small filing cabinets and locking file boxes, car boots and those big charity shops that do furniture sometimes have small lockable filing cabinets, office clearance etc.

The 'lockable case' became well known because that is what NCMA/Pacey gave out to new members in the past as part of their starting-kit (not sure if they still do).