PDA

View Full Version : for those who have cleaners

julie w
17-04-2015, 02:09 PM
For the childminders who have a cleaner, do they tidy your toys away and if you have a play room do they sort that for you?. I was just wondering. I am hoping to have a cleaner later in the year. My play room is often a right mess, but I know where everything goes and also would it be fair to ask someone else to do it. Thank you.

Dragonfly
17-04-2015, 03:56 PM
I don't think they will tidy up toy mess, if I had a cleaner I wouldn't expect that.I thought they do the things you can't do/ keep on top whilst working? people with cleaners come and answer this one!

Ripeberry
17-04-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm a childminder and a cleaner and all of my clients don't expect me to tidy up. They want things cleaned thoroughly. Also not fair on the cleaner to get them to sort out loads of jigsaws lol! You could ask them to clean certain boxes of toys, but no, not put them away.

Ripeberry
17-04-2015, 04:25 PM
I also cleaned for a pre-school many years ago and they always put everything away so that I could concentrate on cleaning :thumbsup:

Maza
17-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Like you say, you know where everything goes and so it will be quicker for you to do it than a cleaner. She/he wouldn't have as much time to actually clean if they have to spend a while tidying. The more you tidy away, the more surfaces and corners she can clean. My cleaners never tidy up. The house is at its tidiest on the day that my cleaner is due! Can you get the children to tidy up a bit more? Or have fewer toys available for them to get everywhere?

funemnx
17-04-2015, 05:56 PM
I always put everything away for the cleaner but it depends what you pay her for - if you state that you would like her to tidy/sort toys then that's what she'll do in the time you give her. As previously said - less time to actually clean :thumbsup:

julie w
19-04-2015, 03:23 PM
Thank you everyone. That's what I thought. Ive never had a cleaner so not sure what to ask/expect.I was hoping to get one for a Friday afternoon when I was at playgroup and come home to a clean house for the weekend. Something I need to look into xx

VeggieSausage
20-04-2015, 06:10 AM
My cleaner is starting on Wednesday morning....I am hoping this is going to transform my ability to keep clean through the week when I am so busy :)

mumofone
20-04-2015, 07:45 AM
I am the cleaner! :-(

natlou82
20-04-2015, 08:21 AM
I've arranged a chat with a cleaner friend hopefully she'll be able to do 2 hrs for me every fortnight :-)

smurfette
20-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Have just booked a one off clean next Friday as my dd makes her communion on the sat and we are having a party in the house! Hoping maybe to get her once a fortnight or once a month but the funds may not allow for that yet.. Not sure what's happening when regard to filling my spaces and what hours I will be working come sept!

NinkyNonk
20-04-2015, 10:38 AM
I've had a cleaner just recently....but only for upstairs, which worked really well as I only work downstairs so could keep out of her way. But yes, I did tidy before she came - purely to save her time having to move everything. Was just so nice having someone else to clean to bathrooms! I'm also thinking once a fortnight - again will concentrate on upstairs/bathrooms.

lpatters
25-04-2015, 07:43 PM
I'm in 2 minds about having a cleaner. How many hours do you have your cleaners for per week? Which rooms do you have cleaned. I'm wondering if 2 hours a week would be enough to do my kitchen, bathroom and clean floors. Would be so nice to not have to worry about doing this at weekends x

Maza
25-04-2015, 07:53 PM
I have a cleaner for three hours a week. She does ironing, kitchen, bathroom, living room, dining room, two bedrooms. My first two cleaners only managed about 2/3 of this and I never questioned it, but I have had 4 cleaners since then and they have never struggled to do all of this (initiated by them - I'm not a slave driver). They don't do any tidying, washing up or make beds.

alex__17
25-04-2015, 08:09 PM
My cleaner managed to clean bathroom, kitchen, mop floors in those and dining room, dust and Hoover rest of house (living room and 3 bedrooms) in 2 hours...we now have her 3 hours as had a 4th bedroom extension with extra bathroom and ensuite and bigger kitchen...whole house spotless in this time, she's amazing