PDA

View Full Version : Guilt!

KatieFS
15-04-2015, 12:05 PM
Just wondering if I'm alone. I feel so guilty sending children home. I think I feel such empathy for the parents and how hard it is.

shortstuff
15-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Im the same. Especially as one parent works 2 hours away the other one works 5 mins away so that one comes till the other makes it here. Juggle juggle juggle lol

KatieFS
15-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Single parent family. I do what I can to keep the child here but lo sick and upset

Lal
15-04-2015, 01:57 PM
The sooner an ill child goes home the less likely you and your family are to be ill and have to close for a couple of days which would be worse for the family.

natlou82
15-04-2015, 08:40 PM
I agree with Lal, the consequences of closing your doors through illness is greater. I had to close twice in March luckily each time was Friday so only one day each time (first I was ill / then my Son) I felt extremely guilty texting all the parents to say I was closed and felt I'd really put them out, and to top it off I lost 2 full days pay! I now don't feel guilty if I have to send a LO home as it's not fair on the other children, their families, or my family and I can't afford to close.

Kerry30
16-04-2015, 06:54 AM
I felt guilty on Tuesday as my dd got up and was sick (unlike her to be sick). So the lo i already had i took to school and cancelled everyone else. I felt bad cos my policy is 48 hrs clear after any sickness and my dd was only sick the once. The annoying thing is i could of worked yesterday but didnt.