PDA

View Full Version : What did Ofsted ask you on your registration visit?

serena.pagliaro
15-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Dear Childminders
My name is Serena and I'm a prospective Childminder. I'm now getting ready for my registration visit. What questions did Ofsted ask you during your registration visit? Do you have any tips? So that I can have an idea and feel a bit more confident.
Thank you very much in advance for your answers and tips.

Serena :)

Mynewventure
16-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Hi , great tip ( I've just had mine & been registered ) is to print of the preparing for your ofsted visit ( from direct gov ) answer all the questions before hand as basically they asked me all or most of these questions , they were very understanding and let me refer to my notes if I needed to , but these really are important & it's good practice for you to know these anyway , they spent 5 hours with me plus a 30 minute phone call , you need to ensure you have the development matters & eyfs ( printed out ) plus early year outcomes & show them you understand it . They also asked Mr about data protection & safegaurding & your settings risk assessment . I had everything ready & when they left they told me I had been the bear inspection they had ever been too ☺️☺️ Good luck

serena.pagliaro
17-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Hi , great tip ( I've just had mine & been registered ) is to print of the preparing for your ofsted visit ( from direct gov ) answer all the questions before hand as basically they asked me all or most of these questions , they were very understanding and let me refer to my notes if I needed to , but these really are important & it's good practice for you to know these anyway , they spent 5 hours with me plus a 30 minute phone call , you need to ensure you have the development matters & eyfs ( printed out ) plus early year outcomes & show them you understand it . They also asked Mr about data protection & safegaurding & your settings risk assessment . I had everything ready & when they left they told me I had been the bear inspection they had ever been too ☺️☺️ Good luck

Awww thank you so much for your tips! I'm getting everything ready and done most of the things you said.
Good luck for the future! I'm in Bristol. What about you? xxx