PDA

View Full Version : Attendance records

mumofone
14-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Ok so I put together an attendance record sheet to log what hours my mindee was with me each week and for her parents and me to sign at the end of the week. Initially I had intended to do it to help me when I raised the invoice but as parents pay me in advance this now makes no sense/doesn't help!

So my question is, should I be logging the hours the child is physically with me at my house rather than the hours the parents are paying for? Ie. Tonight I picked up mindee from an after school club but the parents paid me for the time she was at the club (incase it got cancelled etc). I'm unsure what hours to log, I guess the ones she is physically with me to cover me incase of accidents/allegations etc? Can anyone help me? Sorry I'm waffling!!

sing-low
14-04-2015, 07:12 PM
You need to log the times the child is actually being taken care of by you - not for invoicing but for safeguarding (EYFS requirement).

loocyloo
14-04-2015, 07:36 PM
I log the times a child is with me, but also when I am 'responsible' should something be cancelled.

ie; today, I picked up mindee from afterschool club. her 'log' for today read ; 14/4/14, MINDEE NAME, 3.30-4.30 afterschool club, 4.30-5.45 loocyloos house.

I invoice in advance, but still get parents to sign as it confirms attendance hours in case of any future problems, and also, if early drop off/late pick ups become an issue you have 'proof'.

miffy
14-04-2015, 09:35 PM
I record the times (to the minute) the children are with me.

I keep notes in my diary about any changes to the normal pick ups, eg. X at party from xx to xx or dad picked up at school today.

I don't get parents to sign the register.

Miffy xx

AliceK
15-04-2015, 07:32 AM
I record the times (to the minute) the children are with me.

I keep notes in my diary about any changes to the normal pick ups, eg. X at party from xx to xx or dad picked up at school today.

I don't get parents to sign the register.

Miffy xx

I do exactly this too :thumbsup:

xxx

hectors house
15-04-2015, 08:32 AM
My attendance sheets show the contracted hours eg: 8.00 - 3.30 pm then actual hours attended 8.05 - 3.25 - my parents pay monthly in advance but I need to keep an accurate account of actual hours so i can charge them the overtime on the next bill.