PDA

View Full Version : Help !!!!! please other CM's - mortgage lender issue

Mynewventure
13-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Hi , I really could do with some advice or help on what you have done in your own businesses , ive just registered last month with ofsted & certificate here , confirms I'm ok to have 6 children , I haven't started minding yet just setting up my home still , however my nightmare is I've been onto my mortgage lender who I've been with many years ( never in arrears etc ) they have advised me I am not allowed under terms of my agreement to have customers or suppliers visit my property regularly as part of my business ! They advised me verbally I am not permitted to let any parent in my home at drop off or collection or I'm in breach my mortgage as this is classed as working from home.( they say this term applies to parents as they are paying me ) They suggested I either pick the children up myself or don't let them step over my door step ! ( my goodness me how on Earth do I tell potential parents this ! ( I'm so upset ) my question is did any of you face this problem ? Do you imagine they will check up on this ? What should I do?

My home insurers , local council don't have any problem my business & have covered me fine. Thanks for any help x

JCrakers
14-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Eh?

Who is your mortgage with?....that sounds strange. Who did you speak to about this? Was it just 1 person as I'd be inclined to ring back and ask someone else.

Fitrix
14-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Sounds to me like some job'sworth has read a clause relating to premises selling produce and is very mistakenly thinking you are the same. I guess if you are buying and selling produce you technically become a shop with numerous unknown people entering and departing which must affect insurance etc.
I would ring back and ask to speak with someone with a tad more savvy, explain how wrong they are and if they still don't get it, switch provider! I never ever heard of a mortgage lender having a problem with childminding before!
Good luck!

Mynewventure
14-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Hi , I really could do with some advice or help on what you have done in your own businesses , ive just registered last month with ofsted & certificate here , confirms I'm ok to have 6 children , I haven't started minding yet just setting up my home still , however my nightmare is I've been onto my mortgage lender who I've been with many years ( never in arrears etc ) they have advised me I am not allowed under terms of my agreement to have customers or suppliers visit my property regularly as part of my business ! They advised me verbally I am not permitted to let any parent in my home at drop off or collection or I'm in breach my mortgage as this is classed as working from home.( they say this term applies to parents as they are paying me ) They suggested I either pick the children up myself or don't let them step over my door step ! ( my goodness me how on Earth do I tell potential parents this ! ( I'm so upset ) my question is did any of you face this problem ? Do you imagine they will check up on this ? What should I do?

My home insurers , local council don't have any problem my business & have covered me fine. Thanks for any help x

Thanks for replies , I was talking to a supervisor at the time apprantely & I really don't want to call back in case I open up another can of worms , oh dear . Feeling deflated

moggy
14-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Don't panic- speak to someone more senior.
I have have mortgage offers as a CMer with no problem- CMing is a special case and has its own rules in terms of 'working from home' and 'small businesses'. Nationwide and Woolwich were perfectly happy to lend to me as a CMer (with 3 years of past accounts/HMRC tax certificate to prove income).

rickysmiths
14-04-2015, 01:01 PM
I had a Mortgage with Abbey (now Santander) when I first started and 10 years ago we changed to Northern Rock and now are with Virgin and none has ever had a problem.

Ripeberry
14-04-2015, 01:14 PM
How would they know? Are they going to spy on you from now on? Ignore and carry on as before. That person in the 'bank' is a :censored:

rickysmiths
14-04-2015, 02:11 PM
How would they know? Are they going to spy on you from now on? Ignore and carry on as before. That person in the 'bank' is a :censored:

You can't do that you have to inform your Mortgage Company and if you hadn't it could invalidate your Insurances if anything happened which is not worth the risk.

NightOwl
14-04-2015, 03:01 PM
I'm with Halifax, they are fine.