PDA

View Full Version : noise...

tess1981
10-04-2015, 07:58 AM
Sometimes I feel so sorry for my children... DD 13 loves a lie in when she is off school but the mindees especially one 3yo are so loud it wakes her ... If she is not singing frozen at the top of her out of tune voice she is shouting to be heard and general looks like she has be wound up like a spring and explodes with energy jumping around the house.... no wonder my children are not.keen on me doing this job at times

FussyElmo
10-04-2015, 08:20 AM
But on the positive side she can have a lie in at her house and not packed off somewhere while you work :D

Mouse
10-04-2015, 08:42 AM
My DD normally complains about mindees waking her up in the holidays, but this Easter she has managed to sleep through even the loudest arrival. I've told her she's a typical teenager now - sleeps through anything :laughing:

k1rstie
10-04-2015, 08:47 AM
I used to have a parent whose voice was so loud that I had to run 50 meters down the path to meet her, or else she woke everyone up!

Once my DD15 is woken up like this at 8am, she is not fun for the rest of the day!!!

tess1981
10-04-2015, 08:55 AM
But on the positive side she can have a lie in at her house and not packed off somewhere while you work :D

That is true :) but thankfully if I was out working she and ds 16 are old enough to be left alone mainly due to the fact they would not get up til about 1 or 2 lol

k1rstie
10-04-2015, 09:13 AM
That is true :) but thankfully if I was out working she and ds 16 are old enough to be left alone mainly due to the fact they would not get up til about 1 or 2 lol

So in a way, the mindees stop our older children becoming nocturnal!!!

tess1981
10-04-2015, 09:21 AM
So in a way, the mindees stop our older children becoming nocturnal!!!

But they tend to be grumpy so and so's until they go back to bed :(

Maza
10-04-2015, 02:32 PM
My DD is only 6 and so doesn't suffer from being woken up by my mindee who I call 'a little Pavarotti' with his booming voice. She does sometimes resent having them around all the time though and so this last Christmas and this Easter holiday I have taken more time off than usual and it is lovely - for all of us. We are all in better moods because of it. I used to only have time off when we actually went away but it has been lovely just being at home with no mindees. Could you book off some time during the holidays - even if it is just an extra couple of days? x

mumofone
10-04-2015, 02:41 PM
I used to have a parent whose voice was so loud that I had to run 50 meters down the path to meet her, or else she woke everyone up! Once my DD15 is woken up like this at 8am, she is not fun for the rest of the day!!!

Lol!!!! :-)

tess1981
10-04-2015, 02:47 PM
My DD is only 6 and so doesn't suffer from being woken up by my mindee who I call 'a little Pavarotti' with his booming voice. She does sometimes resent having them around all the time though and so this last Christmas and this Easter holiday I have taken more time off than usual and it is lovely - for all of us. We are all in better moods because of it. I used to only have time off when we actually went away but it has been lovely just being at home with no mindees. Could you book off some time during the holidays - even if it is just an extra couple of days? x

I take 26 days a year holidays and don't work Wednesdays. This year I took good Friday easter Monday and Tuesday... usually don't take the Friday but booked us an extra long weekend in London for me and the children and had a.couple days at home.early with.more children when we were back.. It was lovely... but I do tell my kids it might be noisy but it pays for their wee trips and extras and the rent lol