PDA

View Full Version : short term mindee

lpatters
09-04-2015, 07:48 PM
I have a little girl starting next week for 3 days per week until sept as she is starting school. She attends nursery and I will be taking and picking her up on the days she's with me. Do I need to do a learning journey for this short period of time or can I do something like a scrapbook instead?

Maza
09-04-2015, 08:20 PM
You have to follow the EYFS but how you record it is up to you. I never really know what people mean when they say 'scrap book'. If you had an unannounced inspection during the time she is with you then you would need to show that you know what her next steps are and that you are planning activities/experiences which address the next steps. If a scrap book doesn't tick any of those boxes then don't do it, if it does then go for it.

What is the difference between a scrap book and a LJ? Does a LJ take up much more time? Maybe you are doing too much for your LJs if that is the case. Be succinct in your observations and next steps (which you will be doing in your head anyway), you don't need a zillion photographs. x