PDA

View Full Version : help - first potential mindee

leopardgirlx
04-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Hello,
Any help would be appreciated please

So I am meeting with my first potential mindees mum soon. She would like 4 days 7.45-6 child is 7 so would be to be dropped off at school and picked up now finishing times are different from my little boy so that's not an issue however the morning possibly would be. Do I charge a fee to drop to breakfast club? the village where they live and mindees school is about 10 mins from my village and breakfast club there starts at 8 so whats what would you advise please?

Xx

chris goodyear
04-04-2015, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't be happy dropping off at breakfast club especially as it's only 15 mins after he arrives! Why does mum not want him to stay with you until school start time? That makes more sense. I think I would suggest that and say it's not really practicable for you to drop him to breakfast club and then I would charge from 7.45 - 9.00.

leopardgirlx
05-04-2015, 06:24 AM
Sorry chris i was tired when I wrote post and it doesn't make Clear sense. I'd need her child to go to breakfast club because couldn't take my child to school and hers because they start at different times. I don't mind picking child up then dropping straight off to her school breakfast club. But breakfast club for my son isn't an option. Or I was thinking of maybe just saying to mum i can only do after school for her child

Kiddleywinks
05-04-2015, 07:01 AM
I'd just say you aren't able to do the morning school run due to other commitments

muffins
05-04-2015, 08:09 AM
I would say to mum you can't do mornings. For me personally I'm needing to be a home to get my own children ready for school and for the little ones who arrive between 7.30-8, some of which need to eat breakfast before we leave at 8.30. No way I could fit any other morning school run around the other 4/5 children everyday, too stressful :panic:

chris goodyear
05-04-2015, 12:38 PM
As it's your first possible mindee maybe you could suggest that you would do it until it becomes impracticable i.e. when you have more morning children. But you never know how long that will be, maybe next week or 6 months time! Mum may decide it's better to have a longer term option and go elsewhere for the morning or all day but in my area things are looking up now after a couple of very quiet years so you probably won't have to wait long for work.

yummyripples
05-04-2015, 12:56 PM
I personally wouldn't do school runs for different schools. It's a lot of messing about in my opinion. I know some people manage it fine though.

Are you going to mind eyfs children? If so, consider the fact that you will have to take them with you on school runs so could potentially be in a car or buggy for quite some time

Maza
05-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Either you can do it or you can't and it doesn't sound like you can do the mornings. Mum might not want her child to do breakfast club and so might look elsewhere anyway - not only would it be a lot for her child to get used to but she would have to pay you and the breakfast club and it would be expensive for her. I think if she did agree to you dropping off her child then your mornings would be too hectic and stressful for very little money. It would also mean a busy morning for your own child before they have even started their school day. DO NOT ever offer to do things for no money - you are running a business and have bills to pay.

Don't feel bad about turning down potential clients if it doesn't fit in with your own family. We all have to draw the line somewhere. x