PDA

View Full Version : Those of you with websites

mumofone
04-04-2015, 07:02 PM
IM thinking of doing a parents page on my website that only parents of any of my minded children can access maybe through inputting a password. I was thinking it could replace newsletters as to what the children have been up to etc and any photos but that the password element would prevent anyone seeing pictures of their children etc. Does anyone do anything like this and I guess more importantly does anyone know if it's doable?!

sarah707
04-04-2015, 07:35 PM
I imagine it would depend on your website company ... I don't think any of the free ones have that facility but paid for ones might.

How about a secure facebook page? Do you think that might work? :D

Rick
04-04-2015, 07:43 PM
I have just started using a secret FB group for each family. I can share photos with them and vice versa. I can use their photos to do my own observations. I can share information which can be accessed from the files section so everything is together and can be found easily.

Parents nervous about leaving their children for the first time can feel a part of what their child is doing by commenting and liking photos and it means I won't print as many as I used to. I can show this to an inspector who I assume would praise the working in partnership.

TinyTinker
07-04-2015, 11:39 AM
I have a parents only face book page, and was going to use it to post all reminders, notices etc (ideally replacing the printed newsletter) but only 4 of my parents joined and have Face book! so still have to do the newsletters.....I still do not put photos of the children on it though as am too paranoid about someone else somehow getting hold of them - am I being too cautious?