PDA

View Full Version : help for newbies :) what are your essentials

leopardgirlx
02-04-2015, 03:12 PM
So as the title says really.
What are your essentials - toys to posters or whatever really. Just thought it would help us newbies.

Don't want to waste money on 'rubbish '
K xx

FloraDora
02-04-2015, 03:32 PM
This thread has been raised before so if you search you will find lots of good suggestions.

My essentials are my loose materials from the natural world, rounds of wood, acorns, conkers, pine cones, shells ,stones etc..I and the children can create and use them in all areas both indoors and out.

A dolls house or better still a box type building that can be anything, farm, hospital etc.. With small world figures.

My next essential would be small world, figures and animals and insects, dinosaurs, cars etc...

At least one construction - Duplo is really versatile with all areas.

Boxes, bags, baskets and books.

A variety of Mark making materials and tools, paper, white and black board and the four basic colours in paint.
Outside : planks and logs loose materials again, balls, digging and planting tools.bottles for watering and spraying and some ropes. A container to play with sand/ water ( mine can be used inside too.

Lots of others but all mentioned are used every day/ week.

yummyripples
03-04-2015, 10:01 AM
Mine are:

A tea set - used with water is the best
A kitchen - I have real pans etc rather than plastic and we use pasta, cornflakes etc
I made a latch board on the side of a cupboard
I laminate A4 'bingo boards' from sparklebox and stick them to anothe cupboard with velcro then put velcro on the bingo board and they have to match a picture to it. At the moment it's ladybirds and they match the number of spots.
Cars with doors that open
Handbags they can put things in/take out - can be anything
A doll and buggy
A low level table that we can all stand round to do little activities (my friend just bought a butler tray)
Melissa and doug doorbell house
Building blocks
Lego

Outside I have
Little tikes cars
A slide
A playhouse with doors that open and close (low level)
Footballs

yummyripples
03-04-2015, 10:02 AM
I think the best way to do it is buy as you need.

messyplay
05-04-2015, 06:56 AM
a cupboard with a strong lock is a god send:)

blue bear
05-04-2015, 12:07 PM
a cupboard with a strong lock is a god send:)

Sheds are better you can fit more children in :laughing: