PDA

View Full Version : feeling cheated lol

shortstuff
02-04-2015, 11:46 AM
I've just realised that I've been cheated! I don't have my lovely quiet paperwork day tmw. Its going to be invaded by OH and DS.

I could cry :panic:

Anyone else feel like that or am i on my own?

lollipop kid
02-04-2015, 11:50 AM
I've just realised that I've been cheated! I don't have my lovely quiet paperwork day tmw. Its going to be invaded by OH and DS.

I could cry :panic:

Anyone else feel like that or am i on my own?

Totally with you on that one! Trying to get some out of the way today instead, but failing miserably as DS is just too cute not to play with instead. And it looks like a lovely day for a change.

:D

L

Mouse
02-04-2015, 12:04 PM
I don't work on a Friday and enjoy having the day to myself.

Sometimes DH will come home from work and say "I've got the day off on Friday so we can do something together". Outwardly I'm all :clapping:, but inwardly it's much more :crying:

shortstuff
02-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Im sorry you feel the same way but at the same time glad im not alone.

I might be lucky, n get to tag along while we take his mum food shopping too, not! Trouble is it takes 20 minutes each way and then we need to go round the shop a few times because we get 3 aisles down and she remembers something we didn't put in her trolley too :-(

Mouse
02-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Im sorry you feel the same way but at the same time glad im not alone.

I might be lucky, n get to tag along while we take his mum food shopping too, not! Trouble is it takes 20 minutes each way and then we need to go round the shop a few times because we get 3 aisles down and she remembers something we didn't put in her trolley too :-(

We are so lucky - our 22yr old son has taken over food shopping with MIL. He & his girlfriend take her once a week, then we laugh when DS tells us how she wanders off, spends hours dithering over which brands to buy (then buy the same ones she always does), forgets what she's gone in for, then doesn't buy half the stuff she really needs because she doesn't want to overload the car!!

Rubybubbles
02-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Nah I love it when we are all home as a family......

Cue me having to do all the washing they "forgot" to put in basket, make all the food, I have a mountain of clothes to put onto eBay!! I am "stomp foot" going to go out geocaching for a nice walk too

So tired and more than ready for a long weekend! Christmas hols seem so far away!!!!

shortstuff
02-04-2015, 04:40 PM
We are so lucky - our 22yr old son has taken over food shopping with MIL. He & his girlfriend take her once a week, then we laugh when DS tells us how she wanders off, spends hours dithering over which brands to buy (then buy the same ones she always does), forgets what she's gone in for, then doesn't buy half the stuff she really needs because she doesn't want to overload the car!!

Oh wow sounds like her. The other issue is the shop dont have a wheelchair trolley so if OH goes on his own he juggles baskets too. Hence him trying to blag me into going too. We've now persuaded her to go with a carer once a fortnight to give us a break as her other son is just too busy with his jetsetting life.

SYLVIA
02-04-2015, 06:28 PM

Sometimes DH will come home from work and say "I've got the day off on Friday so we can do something together". Outwardly I'm all :clapping:, but inwardly it's much more :crying:

I'm like that if my DP doesn't work on Saturday, I love having the day to do housework, go back and forward to the shops/garden centre or just sit and do nothing. Then I feel mean because he wants to spend the day with me. Poor bloke can't win

loocyloo
03-04-2015, 07:53 AM

Same here!
It's a monday for me! And I always feel I miss out when it's a bank holiday!

shortstuff
03-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Same here!
It's a monday for me! And I always feel I miss out when it's a bank holiday!

That is a bonus with mine being a friday i suppose.

Its not too bad yet. The boys have taken over the dining table to finish building DS birthday gift from last December lol. He has a petrol monster truck. Wonder who its really for? OH or DS? Lol