PDA

View Full Version : Other children's names in daily diary

Tulip
01-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Am I allowed to mention in a child's daily diary the name of another childminded child of mine that they have played with, I always put play mate?

loocyloo
01-04-2015, 08:56 PM
I always put the name of the other children ... parents know who is here and who their child plays with.

Mouse
01-04-2015, 10:38 PM
I put names of other children in daily diaries, but not on individual observations or incident forms etc.

Simona
02-04-2015, 07:46 AM
Am I allowed to mention in a child's daily diary the name of another childminded child of mine that they have played with, I always put play mate?

I would check with the parents in your setting...tell them you do daily diaries and may, at times, mention other children and what they get up during the day

Most parents are fine about this but...you never know...there maybe some not so willing.
I would go a step further and safer...put a simple 'consent' request in your contract about this issue...then you are covered.

AliceK
02-04-2015, 01:44 PM
I put the initial of the other child, although as parents know which other children are here it doesn't take a genius to work out who I'm referring to.

xxx

Maza
02-04-2015, 03:41 PM
As someone said, just don't put it on accident/incident forms.

It goes without saying but just make sure that you don't write anything about the other child that could be interpreted as 'negative' incase you accidentally put the wrong diary in the wrong bag one night! x

Simona
03-04-2015, 08:17 AM
I put the initial of the other child, although as parents know which other children are here it doesn't take a genius to work out who I'm referring to.

xxx

I think it is to do with Confidentiality and Data Protection....for instance parents may share their diary with other parents and so on and names of other children are mentioned.
While many parents are fine with all this ...we cannot predict falling out or them raising these sort of concerns later on.....it has happened

Checking with parents and having permission is just a precautionary step...but totally up to us which we choose.

For accidents...we all differ but it is easier to have an incident form for each child, kept with their personal file, rather than a shared book where we need to hide name?

blue bear
04-04-2015, 06:28 PM
I get written permission from parents for photographic and written references of their child to be in other children's records including observations, daily diaries and learning journals to show social play and learning.