PDA

View Full Version : Feedback from children

mumofone
31-03-2015, 07:21 PM
As well as using parent questionnaires to obtain feedback about your provision I wondered if anyone had provided children with a (child specific) questionnaire to get theirs and how it worked out?

Simona
31-03-2015, 08:12 PM
As well as using parent questionnaires to obtain feedback about your provision I wondered if anyone had provided children with a (child specific) questionnaire to get theirs and how it worked out?

It works very well
The Mosaic Approach by Clark and Moss will give you some ideas on how you want to develop your method for gathering children's views about your practice and their experiences within it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Listening-Young-Children-Mosaic-Approach/dp/1907969268

http://www.hertsdirect.org/infobase/docs/pdfstore/mosaicapp.pdf

miffy
31-03-2015, 09:45 PM
There used to be an Ofsted document called twenty questions for children which I've used before.

Miffy xx

Mouse
31-03-2015, 09:52 PM
I only look after pre-school aged children, so don't give them a questionnaire to complete. I do ask parents if they feel their child is happy here and how they show it ( things they say etc). I also make notes of things the children say while they're with me, both good and bad. They'll often comment that they love coming to M's, but they'll also sometimes say they're bored. I note that and what I did about it.

mumofone
21-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Tried this with my mindee today. She didn't want to know and refused to fill it in! Time for a re-think...

Simona
21-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Tried this with my mindee today. She didn't want to know and refused to fill it in! Time for a re-think...

I once gathered children's views for an essay.
We sat on the floor.... all children of all ages...from 3 years to 7....six children in total.
I did ask the children for permission to record their answers...granted ... and it was a very interesting discussion...they all took turns and all listened to one another.
I did not pose the questions but let them choose what they wanted to feedback on about being in the setting.
They started with what they liked best, moved on to food and finished with house rules!

The Mosaic Approach does give you some ideas ...I hope you give it another try.