PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry help

KateA
30-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Hi, was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are before my interview tomorrow. I currently have 2 EY spaces on a Monday , and 1 each on a Tuesday and Thursday. I have just had a enquiry for a 1 day a week for a little boy 13 months old to start ASAP on a Tuesday on this day I also have a 5 month old baby who has just started with me. I am worried this is a small age gap so will be very hard work and also dont know if I want a space in middle of week taken up by another one day mindee would you take this on? My other question is I have another one day a week child on a weds who's mum also works on a Tuesday would you contact her to let her know last space on Tuesday could be going would she like it or just leave it as never been mentioned she may want Tuesday as well. ( Would not be able fit them all in the car if she did and I took on 13 month old)

loocyloo
30-03-2015, 06:21 PM
I would say that if you are doubting that you want to have that age range of children, or tie up that particular day then don't do it. Or maybe see parent and then make a decision.
New child may settle in quickly and parent may want extra days.
If mum of other child has never mentioned needing any other days, then I wouldn't ask in particular. However, maybe you could send a letter/email to all parents saying what vacancies you have and asking if anyone is interested in using them.
Good luck.

Mouse
30-03-2015, 06:58 PM
When I have any spare days I put about them in a newsletter in case any parents are interested. If a parent hadn't ever mentioned wanting an extra day I would specifically ask them, but a newsletter covers it.

If you're unsure about the combination of ages, think through your day and how you would manage each thing you do. I like having 2 young ones here at a time, but I do have experience of it so it doesn't daunt me. It can be exhausting, but I find it enjoyable.

KateA
31-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Hi, I decided cancel the interview for new potential client who wanted one day a week for an 1 yr asap on the same day I have just taken on a 5 month old baby who only started on friday, after thinking about it and worrying decided did not need the stress and would rather get the baby settled first. If it had been few months down the line would not worry me so much as on the other days have an 19 month at same time as 5 month old who I have had for a while know so I know why he is around babies etc.

Thanks all for help have a good easter x

Mouse
31-03-2015, 02:27 PM
That sounds like the best decision.

Sometimes it's hard to turn down work, but it's better to do that now rather than take the child on and find you struggle.