PDA

View Full Version : Babysitting?

Ellisha
25-03-2015, 04:57 PM
I just met a mum at the playground who has an 8 month old and a 3 year old. She told me she had been hiring a nannies from an agency to look after her kids a few mornings a week so she can catch up on sleep, etc. As I'm a new childminder with no children on roll at the moment, I said I could potentially look after one of her kids for her sometimes - my own 2 kids are under 5. Ideally she would like me to have them both but obviously I cant as it would be 4 under 5. Can I babysit for 4 of them at her house?

loocyloo
25-03-2015, 05:03 PM
At her house you can babysit or nanny ... whatever you like and you are not bound by childminder ratios.
Have fun x

Simona
25-03-2015, 09:15 PM
I just met a mum at the playground who has an 8 month old and a 3 year old. She told me she had been hiring a nannies from an agency to look after her kids a few mornings a week so she can catch up on sleep, etc. As I'm a new childminder with no children on roll at the moment, I said I could potentially look after one of her kids for her sometimes - my own 2 kids are under 5. Ideally she would like me to have them both but obviously I cant as it would be 4 under 5. Can I babysit for 4 of them at her house?

I would ring Ofsted and see if they advise you...I know they say they can't but sometimes they do
These 2 children would come under continuity of care...same family....check it out if you can....no harm in trying