PDA

View Full Version : Using wipes when changing nappies

Fitrix
25-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Just a quick question! When changing a wet nappy and the child's skin is not visibly wet, do you wipe them with wipes or just put a fresh nappy on? I guess it boils down to opinion, I'm interested in what everyone does.

lollipop kid
25-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Just a quick question! When changing a wet nappy and the child's skin is not visibly wet, do you wipe them with wipes or just put a fresh nappy on? I guess it boils down to opinion, I'm interested in what everyone does.

Hi - I always wipe the child's bottom during every nappy change. I also only use fragrance-free (sensitive) nappy wipes, as I find that they are kind to the most delicate of baby skin. Wee is acidic so it might start to hurt if we don't clean the child properly. (Thank your lucky stars we've got baby wipes now. In the old days, it was a case of the good old "top and tail" wash and dry.)

:D

L

FloraDora
25-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Like lollipop wipes every time. Otherwise wee will just linger on their skin. I know the nappies are supposed to stop this, but A bottom next to a damp nappy, it's bound to go on their skin. Once they use the toilet and it is going straight into the bowl then I just wipe/ encourage them to wipe with toilet paper.

Mouse
25-03-2015, 02:33 PM
If we're at home I'll almost always use a wet fleece square. Each morning I fill an old ice-cream tub with a mixture of water & baby bath, then leave a supply of fleece squares in it. I use them to wipe hands, faces & wet bottoms. One use & they go in the wash.

If we're out & about, or if it's a dirty nappy I use wet wipes.

Sometimes, if we're out and it's an older child who needs a quick change & there's nowhere for them to lie down, I'll stand them up to change them and not always wipe them.