PDA

View Full Version : Akward moment at the farm

Helpinghands
02-08-2008, 03:43 PM
I took my mindee to the farm the other day and as you do, needed the loo. What am I supposed to do with my mindee? Should I have taken him in the cubicle? Obviously I can't leave him alone and I'm not sure what would be classed as right and wrong? :confused:

sue m
02-08-2008, 03:51 PM
I let mine in with me but am very discreet - cos they do watch your every move don't they? Don't know if I'm doing the right thing or not but you can't leave them alone as you say. Somebody else will tell us :D

Helpinghands
02-08-2008, 04:00 PM
:laughing: I'm glad I'm not the only one!

madasahatter
02-08-2008, 04:14 PM
It depends how many children I've got with me and their ages and the size of the toilet cubicles (I'm a skinny mini but some cubicles are soooo small). We all go into the toilets together and if possible the little ones go in the cubicle with me, however if they can't then we all sing a song so I can hear them.

Hmmmm as a matter of interest just how many childminders out there get to go to the loo unaccompanied:o I have to say I usually end up being followed by at least one little one who doesn't want to stay briefly on their own.

Helpinghands
02-08-2008, 04:18 PM
however if they can't then we all sing a song so I can hear them.
Thats a good idea, but who can you trust these days? It only takes a second for a child to be snatched. I think the best thing we can do is tell them to turn round! :o

Alibali
02-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Yep, mine come with me too, and at crucial points i.e pulling up the knickers I distract them by pointing to a sign on the door or something. I think Ill stop taking them in with me when they're 16 though:) :)

LOOPYLISA
02-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi well im not registered at the mo but i have my neice and she comes with me, there sooooooo funny so interested in wat your doing!!!!!!!(shes 2 in nov)

Helpinghands
02-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Yep, mine come with me too, and at crucial points i.e pulling up the knickers I distract them by pointing to a sign on the door or something. I think Ill stop taking them in with me when they're 16 though:) :)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
02-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Hmmmm as a matter of interest just how many childminders out there get to go to the loo unaccompanied:o I have to say I usually end up being followed by at least one little one who doesn't want to stay briefly on their own.

You're lucky if only one follows you!!!!! I haven't been to the loo on my own for years :laughing:

Miffy xx

breezy
02-08-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm quite often heard saying " PLEASE would you at least let me wee in peace"!!

tulip0803
02-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I went to Tesco the other day where there are 3 cubicles all were empty when we went in. DD1 (10) went in 1 and I went in middle with dd2 (4) as we both needed to go we were a bit longer. I heard DD1 flush & wash her hands and heard people go in the cubicles on both sides. As I sat on the loo DD2 exclaimed in a very loud voice "Oh Mummy you have a furry botty!":eek: :blush: :eek: I didn't know if I should wait until everyone left the toilets and have DD1 and 2 asking why I wasn't coming out or to run as fast as I could and use the hand clenser in the car:blush: :eek: I ran.

charleyfarley
02-08-2008, 10:02 PM
I tend to use the disabled toilet where ever we go, with a double buggy, 2 five year olds and me it's the only toilet that's big enough.

Carol xx

deactive
02-08-2008, 11:18 PM
hi when its me and my daughter ( im not minding yet ) i normallly find the cubical right at the far end of toilets , park her buggy outside and leave the door open so i can see her , obviously it would only work for a quick wee cause you risk people seeing you :blush: but better than locking her outside as someone i know does :panic: wth her baby !! i would quite happily use the disabled toilets too if its for a childs safety , better to be safe than sorry i think x

miffy
03-08-2008, 07:04 AM
I went to Tesco the other day where there are 3 cubicles all were empty when we went in. DD1 (10) went in 1 and I went in middle with dd2 (4) as we both needed to go we were a bit longer. I heard DD1 flush & wash her hands and heard people go in the cubicles on both sides. As I sat on the loo DD2 exclaimed in a very loud voice "Oh Mummy you have a furry botty!":eek: :blush: :eek: I didn't know if I should wait until everyone left the toilets and have DD1 and 2 asking why I wasn't coming out or to run as fast as I could and use the hand clenser in the car:blush: :eek: I ran.

I would have run too! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Miffy xx

ajs
03-08-2008, 07:09 AM
You're lucky if only one follows you!!!!! I haven't been to the loo on my own for years :laughing:

Miffy xx

sorry about that miffy.:laughing:

ajs
03-08-2008, 07:12 AM
I tend to use the disabled toilet where ever we go, with a double buggy, 2 five year olds and me it's the only toilet that's big enough.

Carol xx

i think these days it is commonly acceptable to use the disabled toilets if you've got a buggy with you.
i do use them and if anyone is waiting when we come out i just apologise to them for making them wait
sorry but i use them too even if i haven't got a buggy but have toddlers walking

miffy
03-08-2008, 07:17 AM
i think these days it is commonly acceptable to use the disabled toilets if you've got a buggy with you.
i do use them and if anyone is waiting when we come out i just apologise to them for making them wait
sorry but i use them too even if i haven't got a buggy but have toddlers walking

I always worry that the children would pull the emergency cord! Imagine being mid-wee when "help" comes bursting through the door :eek: :laughing:

Miffy xx

ajs
03-08-2008, 07:18 AM
it could be interesting though miffy

miffy
03-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Hmm - think I can do without that sort of interest!

Miffy xx

crazybones
03-08-2008, 07:29 AM

Well the disabled drivers use the mother and baby parking so why shouldnt we use the disabled toilet.

I went into the village a couple of weeks ago and needed the loo. Went to public toilets without a clue how I would manage as I didnt even think the double pram would fit and the disabled toilet has a key. I also had a walking 2 year old. Imagine my relief when one of my childminder friends was in there with her daughters. She held Will and talked to the lo's while I gratefully went about my business.

Bushpig
03-08-2008, 07:36 AM
I always worry that the children would pull the emergency cord! Imagine being mid-wee when "help" comes bursting through the door :eek: :laughing:

Miffy xx

You think THAT'S bad?? I was visiting my gruncle (great uncle) in hospital after he had a stroke... and went to use the loo... and pulled that repeatedly... thinking it would flush the loo!!! :blush: :blush:

son77
03-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I too use the disabled toilet with my dd, ds & 1 year old mindee but when he's older, say 6+ surely it wouldnt be right to take him in the cubicle then?

Also when Ive been somewhere where its not poss to take pushchair in toilet (ie porta-loo's) I have been known to leave mindee with my 8 yr old son. I know perhaps I shouldn't but what else are you meant to do?

Ive also left my mindee once with a policeman outside a shop as couldnt get the double buggy in & dd was having a bad coughing fit & I needed to get her some water.

Rubybubbles
03-08-2008, 06:57 PM
well I have always taken them in with me and never given it a second thought! when with my own children 3 and 6 when out and about we all pile into one end of!

Laughing at miffy but feeling your pain hun, feeling your pain:laughing:

polobear1970
03-08-2008, 07:37 PM

they say children speak the truth
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

madasahatter
04-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Disabled loos have caused me several embarassing moments. Don't you find the locks are far too simple to operate and at a lower level so even younger children can open them? I found this out when the 2 yr old I was with in the shopping centre opened the door whilst I was mid pulling up my knickers:eek:
Another slightly older child repeatedly pulled the emergency cord. Trouble was at the time I didn't know what the cord was for (no sign or anything) so didn't realise until a staff member opened the door to see if I was ok:eek: :eek: :eek:

breezy
04-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Please be considerate to when using disabled loos.
I can see why you all do it, but my daughter aged 14 is disabled with special needs and has very weak muscle tone, so when she needs the loo it's urgent. what I guess I'm trying to say is please don't use disabled loos unless you have to, it's hard enough coping with someone with a disability without having to wait for umpteen children and adults using the only accessible toilet. :(

Minstrel
04-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Good point.
I think they should have a provision for mums and tots- its not just childminders but any parent with a double/single pushchairs and tots needs extra room for the kids bags etc without losing our dignity having to do the necessary with the door open!! have enough trouble going in my own home let alone in public.
baby changing rooms would be a good place to put an extra loo.

crazybones
04-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Good point.
I think they should have a provision for mums and tots- its not just childminders but any parent with a double/single pushchairs and tots needs extra room for the kids bags etc without losing our dignity having to do the necessary with the door open!! have enough trouble going in my own home let alone in public.
baby changing rooms would be a good place to put an extra loo.

That's what I dont get - why cant they put a loo in the baby changing room - its not rocket science - if you have a baby you are likely to have a pram, how the heck are you supposed to go to the loo. :mad:

breezy
04-08-2008, 07:28 PM
That's what I dont get - why cant they put a loo in the baby changing room - its not rocket science - if you have a baby you are likely to have a pram, how the heck are you supposed to go to the loo. :mad:

totally agree, our local mothercare has a toddler size loo in the baby changing room, but I've not had courage to use it!!!!!!!!!!