PDA

View Full Version : Easy flapjack recipe

mumofone
19-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Does anyone have one please?!

cookiesncream
19-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Would also be interested in an easy flapjack recipe, I never seem to get it right, my flapjacks are either so hard you break your teeth or so crumbly you have to eat them with a spoon:blush:

alex__17
19-03-2015, 10:01 PM
I think I've done this one before, cooked for the time it said, seemed soft when it came out but went chewy and just right when cooled, usually add raisins too, kids all liked it

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/12160/apple-flapjack.aspx

Maza
23-04-2015, 08:11 AM
There is a website called 'cooking them healthy' which has a couple of recipes that I use. x

mumofone
23-04-2015, 08:15 AM
I think I've done this one before, cooked for the time it said, seemed soft when it came out but went chewy and just right when cooled, usually add raisins too, kids all liked it http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/12160/apple-flapjack.aspx

Can you do this without the apple too? I wouldn't have thought of putting Apple in flapjacks?

alex__17
23-04-2015, 09:06 AM
Haven't tried without apple but it is really nice with apple in, kids all came from school saying they had apple flapjacks so looked up a recipe

FloraDora
23-04-2015, 10:22 AM
This one works every time. It's the one DH did with Year 7's when he was a food technology teacher: he used to do it with 20 Y'7's in an hour and rarely had a disaster! (He says- I have never made it!)

Ingredients
125g/ 4oz margarine
125g/4oz soft brown sugar
75g/3oz golden syrup
250g/8oz rolled oats
6-7inch /20cm tin to cook in

Method
1. Melt the margarine with the sugar and syrup, then stir in the rolled oats and mix thoroughly.
2. Turn into a greased tin smooth with a palette knife.
3. Bake in pre heated oven180C/ gas mark4 for 24-30 mins until golden brown.
4. Cool in the tin for 2 mins and cut into fingers. Cool before removing from the tin.

This is the basic recipe, he chops up dried apricots, raisins etc... Tiny and adds this sometimes.
He does savoury ones too..but that's a different recipe.
We have flapjack most weeks.

alex__17
23-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Flora do you have the savoury recipe? I'm always on the look out for something easy to make and take out as picnic lunch ideas, I get bored of sandwiches!

Maza
02-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Got some of your flapjacks in the oven right now Floradora!

Do you have the savoury recipe please?

loocyloo
02-09-2015, 04:31 PM
This one works every time. It's the one DH did with Year 7's when he was a food technology teacher: he used to do it with 20 Y'7's in an hour and rarely had a disaster! (He says- I have never made it!)

Ingredients
125g/ 4oz margarine
125g/4oz soft brown sugar
75g/3oz golden syrup
250g/8oz rolled oats
6-7inch /20cm tin to cook in

Method
1. Melt the margarine with the sugar and syrup, then stir in the rolled oats and mix thoroughly.
2. Turn into a greased tin smooth with a palette knife.
3. Bake in pre heated oven180C/ gas mark4 for 24-30 mins until golden brown.
4. Cool in the tin for 2 mins and cut into fingers. Cool before removing from the tin.

This is the basic recipe, he chops up dried apricots, raisins etc... Tiny and adds this sometimes.
He does savoury ones too..but that's a different recipe.
We have flapjack most weeks.

Lol ... ds made this at school... and it was yummy... became our 'go to' flapjack recipe. I add dried mango and won 'best flapjack' at our local country show with it!