PDA

View Full Version : My list keeps going!

HappyFeet2014
17-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Hi i am in the process of applying to Ofsted. I know it can take weeks and weeks for the pre reg visit but I don't want to submit my application until I am more ready. I have yet to safe proof my house but have a lot of the documentation done... I think. I have completed my policies and have my risk assessments ready but i'm not sure if I need to do more.

My policies are as follows:
Admissions
Behavior Management
Complaints
Emergency Evacuation
Equality of Opportunity
Failure to collect a child
Food and Drink
Health and Safety
Medicine and Sickness
Missing Child
No smoking
Risk Assessment
Safeguarding
Visitors
Whistle Blowing

My risk assessments are daily checks which cover all outdoors, kitchen, playroom and downstairs bathroom (I am not using upstairs)
I have also done a template for outings which covers my car also.

Do I need to do anymore?

Maza
17-03-2015, 03:10 PM
You might want to do a sample menu. It would also be a good idea to think about how you are going to show your planning and assessing. Have you thought about how/if you are going to do a learning journey?

Submit your application asap - as you said it can take weeks and you have done so much already. You can be doing the rest in the meantime. Even if the pre-reg visit happens sooner than you think it can force you to just get the last bits done faster! x

HappyFeet2014
17-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Thank you for your reply. I have a summer and winter menu ready and have completed all my documents for the learning journals including the planning. It was more the policies and risk assessments I was panicking about. I suppose I just need to bite the bullet and get my application in :panic:

Ellisha
17-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Your list looks pretty comprehensive - just make sure you have included mobile phone and camera use somewhere, either as a separate policy or in with your safeguarding. My inspector at pre-reg also wanted me to put something in about supervising children using the internet in my setting.

I would apply to Ofsted now. I was adding bits to my policies and procedures up to my pre-reg visit and then amended them once Ofsted had been as she wanted me to change a few bits.

Gill Brownsword
17-03-2015, 10:43 PM
I would submit your application now, mines been completed for 2 weeks and I have my inspection on Friday. But the most reassuring moment of my whole process was talking to the OFSTED inspector on the phone. She gave me her number, told me what she wanted to see and what questions to expect (read the pre reg booklet lol) She also told me not to worry if everything is not in place as she will accept that, "I have the intention" of having certain things in place. I was worried about policies too! She seemed more interested in seeing that I have a good knowledge of the EYFS and safeguarding and how to implement these with the children.

HappyFeet2014
18-03-2015, 09:28 AM
Thank you for your help :) I feel a little more prepared now. I just worry I have so much stuff to remember and I already can't remember what I have said in most policies lol. I have heard some nice things about ofsted and some not so nice things so I'm glad your lady was reassuring. She sounds like she will be lovely. Good luck!