PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit on friday

Gill Brownsword
16-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Well I spoke to my OFSTED inspector today and she sounded really nice. She's coming on Friday morning to see me!
She said not to be nervous and I've been preparing for this since July but I have still managed to make a huge to-do list :panic:

FloraDora
16-03-2015, 09:50 PM
Wow that's a long time !

I am sure everything will be fine.

Good luck.

Maza
16-03-2015, 10:02 PM
If you have been preparing for that long and still have a 'to do list' then you sound perfect for the job! It's the people who think childminding is going to be a breeze who get a rude awakening! You don't have to have everything finished by the pre-reg visit - as long as the inspector can see that you know what you are doing and what needs to be done. Let us knowhow you get on.x

Gill Brownsword
17-03-2015, 02:09 PM
It's taken so long as I have no money and had to save up for all the courses etc. But I've been hindered since Dec due to my doctor forgetting to fill in the health booklet :( I can't wait to get started now and the inspector sounded so nice and very helpful.

Ellisha
17-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Good luck, you'll be great. It took me almost as long as you and I couldn't quite believe it when it was booked in.

Gill Brownsword
17-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Good luck, you'll be great. It took me almost as long as you and I couldn't quite believe it when it was booked in.

Glad its not just me!!! ;)

Ellisha
20-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Is it over yet? How did you get on?

Gill Brownsword
21-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Is it over yet? How did you get on?

Yes! It's over and now I'm waiting for my certificate. :jump for joy:
I have to say she was lovely and very interesting to talk to. I felt so excited but now I'm nervous about starting!

Ellisha
21-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Well done! That's how I felt, excited that I would be registered after my hard work, but nervous that I actually have to start advertising! Good luck.

Gill Brownsword
21-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Well done! That's how I felt, excited that I would be registered after my hard work, but nervous that I actually have to start advertising! Good luck.

Thank you! I'm glad it's not just me hahaha I feel a little restless like there's something I should be doing .....

leopardgirlx
22-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Well done :) I'm waiting my pre registration visit ofsted got all my checks back last Monday (16th) they've told me it's passed on to the inspectors now - how long did you get the call after all the checks were back?

K x

Gill Brownsword
25-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Well done :) I'm waiting my pre registration visit ofsted got all my checks back last Monday (16th) they've told me it's passed on to the inspectors now - how long did you get the call after all the checks were back?

K x

It took 2 weeks from all the checks being back and the visit! The inspector called me on the monday and wanted to come on the Thursday or Friday. She asked how long it took between checks and visit as she only got given the paperwork to call me on the monday so I guess it's all a bit random!
Good luck!