PDA

View Full Version : payments in advance

gailee
08-01-2008, 07:55 AM
does any one charge or work out there payments by working out the 39 weeks kids our at school and the 13 weeks kids our on holiday and then divide it by 12 months ??? i've a parent that paids in advance by her monthly wages and she spends the childcare because that weekly but it only covering 4 weeks and she gets paid monthly which works out longer more like 5 weeks + she's paying for twins! so when the holiday come the payment will be more specially during easter and summer hols and i thought if i work it out over the the 12 months?? would this work ??? does any one do it like this ?? if so! how do you work it so it works ??? any help would be great gailx :)

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
08-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Hi

I had a parent that did this worked it out over 52 weeks etc which I thought at the time that is alright, but they never stayed for the whole year so I actually lost out not by much but I still lost out. I would not do it like this again as I was caught out before, but it is up to you it is your business and if it will work out better for you then go for it.

Not much help I know.

Lorraine. xx

berkschick
08-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Hi,

Maybe you could do something like charge her normal weekly fee during term time but she could add on an extra £20 a week or whatever she feels is right to cover upcoming holidays. So you wont miss out if she leaves before the year is up but come the holiday time, she has already "banked" some hours with you.

Dont know if this would work, just an idea!

Love

Debbie

nat1664
08-01-2008, 09:43 AM
I have only one mindee as yet so cant really help you but its some thing for me to think about :)

Nat

Blaze
08-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Personaly I won't do this, as already mentioned you will lose out if a whole year isn't used...then there is holidays & illness to consider as well....! But it's your business, so up to you!
Tasha:)

gailee
08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
i don't think i'll bother then looks and sounds abit bad for me then ?? the twins usually come after school during week (3hrs/per child per day) then school holidays they come for 10 hours a day per child (twins)so the payment for the holiday is quite high compared to normal time. Thats while i thought about the other option thanks gail

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Good luck whatever you decide to do

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
08-01-2008, 02:51 PM
I know of a childminder that does this, but she works with the council so get paid either way!

I wouldn't because of reasons stated already x

gemmcd
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi- I have a little girl term time only as parent is a teacher. We have a direct debit set up on 1st of each month where I have worked out the days she is here and divided into 12 mths - so I ahve a regular monthly income - I am very happy with just term time arrangement as I ahve 3 kids of my own and I don't want to be restricted in school holidays - plus we are planning to go away alot in school holidays as hoping to get a second home in France!

Anyway this means that I am getting less each month but will be paid regulary, but I was worried in case she left before year out, so added in contract that if left before year out, then I would work out how much would have been owed on the hourly basis and would want this to be settled a month in advance of leaving. Can't see her leaving before year out though so hope it doesn't come to it!

Gemma

Raggydolls
09-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Anyway this means that I am getting less each month but will be paid regulary, but I was worried in case she left before year out, so added in contract that if left before year out, then I would work out how much would have been owed on the hourly basis and would want this to be settled a month in advance of leaving.
Gemma

wow i must remember to do that once im registered, if the situation should arise.

leanne
xx

deeb66
10-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi

I had a parent that did this worked it out over 52 weeks etc which I thought at the time that is alright, but they never stayed for the whole year so I actually lost out not by much but I still lost out. I would not do it like this again as I was caught out before, but it is up to you it is your business and if it will work out better for you then go for it.

Not much help I know.

Lorraine. xx

That is exactly what I was going to say.....I had a friend who worked out fees just like this and found that time and time again she lost out as the child would end up leaving mid year.

Amaranth
10-01-2008, 09:16 PM
I have 3 sets of parents who pay me this way and I do the same as Gemma. It is written into their contract that should they leave before the end of the year I will work out the amount owed and charge it on their last bill. I keep a running total on an excel spreadsheet of how much they pay each month,how many hours they use each week and the actual cost of those hours, so that if anyone does decide to leave it is easier to work out.

Carole xx