PDA

View Full Version : Childcare.co.uk

Logan
14-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Quick question.

I used to be able to see if a parent had read a message on Childcare. Although it was infuriating if people contacted you & didn't read the reply at least you knew they hadn't read it. The app seems to have done an automatic update on my iPhone & I can't tell if a message has been read - unless I'm missing something? Anyone know?

I'd quite like to know if the parent who arranged to visit then didn't turn up has read my message!!

bunyip
15-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Quick question.

I used to be able to see if a parent had read a message on Childcare. Although it was infuriating if people contacted you & didn't read the reply at least you knew they hadn't read it. The app seems to have done an automatic update on my iPhone & I can't tell if a message has been read - unless I'm missing something? Anyone know?

I'd quite like to know if the parent who arranged to visit then didn't turn up has read my message!!

I can still see whether messages are unread by viewing the site on my pc. Since my cellphone is "old" (well, according to my DD it's "ancient" but I only had it 7 years, so doG knows what that makes me :p ) it doesn't do "apps" or the tinterwebnet, etc.

I know a lot of "app" versions of websites are cut-down versions and lack a lot of the functionality of the real thing. My personal theory is that the webpage designers figure they'd better keep it simple if the users consider "application" too big a word to have to deal with. :rolleyes:

Richard
15-03-2015, 09:43 AM
You can still see if a sent message has been read via our website and our mobile apps. Sent messages that haven't yet been read say 'unread' underneath them.

Logan
15-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Thanks bunyip & Richard. At least I know what I'm looking for now.

Logan
15-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Just spotted where it says unread - hadn't noticed it before, obviously need my glasses on when using the app on my phone!

bunyip
15-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Just spotted where it says unread - hadn't noticed it before, obviously need my glasses on when using the app on my phone!

Don't worry: when you get to my age you'll be lucky if you can see the s0dding 'phone. :D