PDA

View Full Version : Which houts on the contracf?

mumofone
14-03-2015, 11:35 AM
If you're drawing up on a contract where a child's hours may vary which hours do you put on the actual contract itself?

mumofone
14-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Hours not houts!

Kiddleywinks
14-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Depends on what your verbal agreement is:

Is it a minimum/maximum amount of hours a week? In which case I would put To be advised (TBA)

Is it set hours on set days but not going to be used each week? In which case you need to allocate the space anyway, so put the days and hours asked for.

tulip0803
14-03-2015, 05:46 PM
When I had a shift worker I put the core hours (wanted 2 days) and in the comments section of the contract I wrote "Shift worker - When care is not required retainer fee of £10 payable rather than contracted fee" this was about a third of the daily contracted fee but I was a shift worker once and perfectly happy with this arrangement.

Simona
15-03-2015, 09:56 AM
If you're drawing up on a contract where a child's hours may vary which hours do you put on the actual contract itself?

Parents who work shifts 'usually' ...and I say this with caution...have a roster given to them in advance unless they are on Zero hours contracts

If your contract does not have a 'flexibility' section you could add a separate section yourself
This is also something that comes up with the 'Free hours'
If the flexibility also has some 'regularity' then you are free to fill in that space ...as an example a parent may work 2 days one week and 3 days the next but it is a regular pattern compared to say an airline worker who needs totally different arrangements and often overnight care.

some CMs do charge a retainer but be careful on this as you are adding costs to parents already worried
While we need to be flexible it also causes a lot of problems for cms but we are the most flexible in the sector

Maza
15-03-2015, 05:33 PM
Whatever you do, make sure that you make it clear what time you expect the child to be collected by. Also, tell parents (shift workers or not) what time you would like them to arrive. There are many, many threads on here about early arrivals. Some of the parents are taking advantage but I think some genuinely think that they need to have the child settled by the time the contracted time begins, so if you start at 8, explain to the parents that they shouldn't arrive before 8. x