PDA

View Full Version : Child starting in August?

mumofone
13-03-2015, 01:20 PM
What would you do if parents were looking for their child to start in August? Would this be too far away or would you hold their place and under what conditions would you do this?

rickysmiths
13-03-2015, 01:30 PM
It is up to you if you are prepared to hold the place open for them and if they are prepared to pay for it.

I would sign a Contract and take a 4 weeks Fees Deposit to hold until the end of the Contract and non refundable if they change their mind before August or during the 4 week settling in.

If I have the space now I would want a half fee Retainer Fee again non returnable if they don't take the place up in August.

However you need to be aware that if for some reason August comes and you can't offer the space you will have to return the Deposit and all the Retainer Fee to the parents.

I have a child with me now, been with me for 18 months. his parents met me in the Feb and reserved the space until the Oct. Mum actually ended up going back to work 6 weeks earlier than she had planned. They are a lovely family and paid because they wanted to use me and no one else!

chris goodyear
13-03-2015, 01:31 PM
I don't hold a place for more than 3 months and then a retainer is paid. I usually tell the parents to try me again nearer the time and sometimes it works out like that but mostly they look elsewhere and I've usually filled the place by then.

Mouse
13-03-2015, 01:31 PM
I am currently signing children up for August & September starts as I will have several children leaving then to go to school. I complete all paperwork and take a deposit to secure the place.

If I had vacancies now I probably wouldn't hold a space for an August start as I would want to be earning from the space before then.