PDA

View Full Version : Walking to school on their own

fluff1975
11-03-2015, 09:35 AM
Morning :)

My hubby and I want our own children to walk to school on their own (they want to too btw!) and the parent of my one before/after school mindee wants her daughter to walk too. They are all very capable of getting there and outside of school all walk to the library shops etc on their own. Where do I stand with the mindee? Obviously she's still in my care until she goes through the school door so what do I need to do to next? My mindee was poorly last week and it was lovely being able to tell the little ones they could keep playing!

Simona
11-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Morning :)

My hubby and I want our own children to walk to school on their own (they want to too btw!) and the parent of my one before/after school mindee wants her daughter to walk too. They are all very capable of getting there and outside of school all walk to the library shops etc on their own. Where do I stand with the mindee? Obviously she's still in my care until she goes through the school door so what do I need to do to next? My mindee was poorly last week and it was lovely being able to tell the little ones they could keep playing!

You may be able to find the answer in this factsheet on p4 if the child is 8 or over

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/childcare-register-requirements-childminders-and-home-childcarers

Hope it helps