PDA

View Full Version : Box bike

clareelizabeth1
09-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Has anyone seen the box bikes I want one to go to groups in. The one I'm looking at can take 4 children. All my parents are happy for me to cycle with their children as longs as they all have the safety gear which they all will do. Does anyone else cycle with mindies.

mrsb79
09-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Curiosity killed me so had a Google and yes their are some fab products out there I nearly spat my tea out when I saw the price well over 2 grand maybe I'm looking at the higher end of the range but boy that was a shock. Lovely idea just wouldn't want that hit on my pocket x

mama2three
09-03-2015, 05:04 PM
can you imagine going uphill though? Good grief , it takes me all my time to get myself up a hill on a bike , let alone an extra 8 stone of toddlers!!

Gill Brownsword
09-03-2015, 05:51 PM
OOOOOOooooooo I want one too now! I'm not sure Im fit enough though!

Maza
09-03-2015, 06:43 PM
I had to google it too! They look fabulous. I'm not a confident cyclist so I wouldn't. Have seen a few around though (not the wooden ones though, they look like red canvas ones to me). x

clareelizabeth1
09-03-2015, 07:26 PM
I have gone for a secondhand electric one and I don't drive so it's basically my car. Really looking forward to it arriving my 2 year old is really excited too. He loves riding on a seat on mine and thinks riding on his aunts box bike is awesome

k1rstie
09-03-2015, 08:19 PM
It will defiantly get people talking about you, it could be very good for your business!!!

moggy
09-03-2015, 08:36 PM
They are an old Dutch design, 'bakfiets', very common there. BUT... they have all separate cycle paths and it is dead flat (generally). So, all depends on where in the UK you live- could work well in a flat cycle-friendly town! I do love them.