PDA

View Full Version : Can i show potential parents photo journals of minded children

dawnanne
09-03-2015, 10:31 AM
I know you have to keep a photo/diary of each individual child when caring for them and you let them have it once they leave your care. Do I also need to keep a photo journal and put all children in it together. As when potential
families contact me and visit can I show them my photo journal of allchildren in it or can I show them the individual childs. not sure what to do. I is it best to just keep that child in their own learning journal and not have photos of others in it.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-03-2015, 05:04 PM
I think the answer to this lies in what permissions you had got from parents. Have you asked if you can keep photo's of their child once they leave?

hectors house
09-03-2015, 06:01 PM
I have photos on a digital photo frame of all the different activities, crafts and outings we do - the children love looking at it and remembering what they did and who else is in the photo (maybe mindees now at school), the parents all love looking at it when they come to collect and they remember that they liked looking at it when they came round for a visit to see if I was the right childminder for the.

Most of the former mindees still come occasionally in the holidays or still have siblings here - all parents have agreed that group photos can be shared in other mindees learning journals (now on line ones) so a group photo whether in a photo book or album or on digital photo frame is a record of children playing with friends and everyone seems happy with that.