PDA

View Full Version : Good "cold food" recipes?!

mumofone
08-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Does anyone make any childrens recipes with the mindees that don't involve (much) use of the cooker?

watford wizz
08-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Salads, fruit or veg or slaws using different veg, jellies, sandwiches, wraps, pittas using ham/cheese/pepperoni x

watford wizz
08-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Fruit smoothies x

FloraDora
08-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Playdoh?

Smoothies - using the blender
We sometimes just sandwich together pre made biscuits with the jam we made from harvested fruit and ice,
Children make their own toast in toaster and butter.
We did have a pop corn maker and a cupcake maker but have died now, so use cooker.

We use the microwave sometimes for melting chocolate - then just mix cereal for chocolate crispy cakes.

The children add the veg ingredients to a fish dish that we microwave too - they love that.

Can't think of anything more off the top of my head ...be interested in others ideas.

alex__17
08-03-2015, 08:15 PM
We do cheese and ham/tuna toasties which are popular and easy and slightly different than a sandwich. Also pitta bread pizzas, we top mini pittas with pizza toppings and warm in oven for 5 mins or so until cheese melted...could probably microwave but haven't tried, not oven-free but very little 'cooking' and v quick and easy.
Also I often put some potatoes in the oven when I'm cooking something else and can then have jacket potatoes ready for another meal, just pop in microwave to warm