PDA

View Full Version : Training certificates

mumofone
08-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Do you all include your training certificates in the file you show parents with your policies and procedures?

FloraDora
08-03-2015, 09:47 AM
I have a CPD file, where I keep all certificates and reviews of training/ impact on my practice. CPD action plan etc..

I keep a copy of first Aid and my qualifications and registration in my big Childminder file which is in alphabetical order of key examples really. Parents look in that, but very few are really interested, they want to find out about me, see me interacting, look around my home more than look at paperwork.

I put together a small presentation pack for parents but just include about me, typical day, fees, sample menus, baby's days info, EYFS info and forms I would like them to complete if we decide to go ahead.

My inspector liked my CPD file as it is a working file, not just storage. I keep notes about what I want to find out about, websites I have been recommended, bloggers I want to / have followed , Nursery world cut outs with notes attached as next steps I need to take etc... I used to keep all this info in my filofax when I worked so I need somewhere to keep it now.

lollipop kid
08-03-2015, 10:39 AM
I have a CPD file, where I keep all certificates and reviews of training/ impact on my practice. CPD action plan etc..

I keep a copy of first Aid and my qualifications and registration in my big Childminder file which is in alphabetical order of key examples really. Parents look in that, but very few are really interested, they want to find out about me, see me interacting, look around my home more than look at paperwork.

I put together a small presentation pack for parents but just include about me, typical day, fees, sample menus, ********* info, EYFS info and forms I would like them to complete if we decide to go ahead.

My inspector liked my CPD file as it is a working file, not just storage. I keep notes about what I want to find out about, websites I have been recommended, bloggers I want to / have followed , Nursery world cut outs with notes attached as next steps I need to take etc... I used to keep all this info in my filofax when I worked so I need somewhere to keep it now.

You should be a Mentor for new Childminders, FloraDora. What a fantastic example of how to put together a CPD file. (I've got a Training file, but haven't tried to do a CPD file yet - love your approach! I do all of the work, but haven't recorded it anywhere yet.)

Thanks for the inspiration!

:thumbsup:

L

natlou82
08-03-2015, 12:37 PM
I agree the CPD file is an excellent idea :-)