PDA

View Full Version : learning journey for add hoc 45 mins a week?

bigfuntime
06-03-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm going to be providing ad hoc care for a girl. It will be for 45 minutes as childcare before pre school and I'll also be taking her to pre school. Just for one day a week averaging once or twice a month, term time only for 5 months max as and when needed.

Surely I won't need to do an LJ, starting points etc etc? By the very nature of the time of day she will be here I won't be planning any activities (making sure kids are brushing hair, teeth etc before school, travelling to school etc.) It will be free play.

Has anyone got any experience of this kind of arrangement and what ofsted expect? Many thanks.

moggy
06-03-2015, 04:09 PM
I would call it 'wrap around care' and just keep in touch with pre-school to see how she is doing and if there is any support you can offer. Pre-school will be doing the LJ etc.

bigfuntime
06-03-2015, 06:50 PM
I would call it 'wrap around care' and just keep in touch with pre-school to see how she is doing and if there is any support you can offer. Pre-school will be doing the LJ etc.

Thanks Moggy. So in terms of evidence should I just keep my own diary of conversations between myself and pre school? X

moggy
06-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Thanks Moggy. So in terms of evidence should I just keep my own diary of conversations between myself and pre school? X

That sounds like a good idea. I also write a letter introducing myself to the nursery, offering to work with them etc and keep that letter in my files too.