PDA

View Full Version : Funding for new childminders

*daisychain*
05-03-2015, 01:29 PM
http://www.childcarebusinessgrants.dcms.gov.uk
Wish I would have got a grant , I haven't received a penny to help with my business . :-/ hope some of you out there can get some help x

Simona
05-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Childcare Business Grants Scheme - Home page (http://www.childcarebusinessgrants.dcms.gov.uk)
Wish I would have got a grant , I haven't received a penny to help with my business . :-/ hope some of you out there can get some help x

Thank you for sharing this...this increase in grant was made public last week
It can be backdated for those who have not been in business over 12 months
The only thing I object to is that CMs agencies can apply as well when we were told they had to be 'self funded' and no help would be available to them at all.
I am not sure what they can apply for but it shows the DFE is willing to help them :angry:

natlou82
05-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Gutted I'm just under a year but already received the £250 so can't apply again.

mumofone
05-03-2015, 09:56 PM
What so the £250 grant has been doubled to £500? Really??

Simona
06-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Gutted I'm just under a year but already received the £250 so can't apply again.

I would query if you can get a top up as you have not been in business for 12 months....no harm in trying.
My LA sent an email to everyone yesterday flagging up the increase

Sammy Jo T
06-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Am I reading it wrong or does it say you have to registered with a childminder agency to be eligible?

Simona
06-03-2015, 11:47 AM
Am I reading it wrong or does it say you have to registered with a childminder agency to be eligible?

No ...you can apply as an individual cm...but agencies are now able to get a grant as well for setting up
That is why I said it looks like a uTurn as they are supposed to be self-funding!

My understanding is that this is the same scheme...it has been extended but it not new money.

Amanda70
06-03-2015, 01:25 PM
This is great as I am currently going through the process of becoming a childminder. Local Authorities used to pay for all the training but not now, the outlay is about 500 pound so you were very lucky if you didn't have to pay for the childminding course, first aid, dbs checks, update service etc etc. At least now the 500 pound grant will at least cover those costs but still not cover any equipment or resources that I'l need to get me started but I'm really pleased that it has doubled for all us pre-reg childminders who are having to outlay so much money to get registered 😉