PDA

View Full Version : EYFS RECORDING BOOKS/SHEETS

Chatterbox Childcare
01-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi

I have just about sorted my EYFS but how does everyone record how their children are doing individually?

On the Foundation Stage I was provided with a summary for each stepping stone and the Birth-3 I did my own. There seems to be tracker books around but they are very basic?

Any help welcomed.

Debbie:clapping:

sarah707
01-08-2008, 10:04 PM
The way to go is to use the eyfs learning and development grids for each child's age and stage.

Do your obs and relate them back to the grids. Then work out your next steps based on what you find.

Hope this helps a bit! Lots more advice around the forums :D

Shirlwith3
02-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Hi
I have designed a form for observation all you have to do is either put a photo in or write in one box then highlight what area it covers then in the last box write how you will take the next the child to the next stage.

If you would like a copy let me know.

Shirl

Monkey1
02-08-2008, 08:09 AM
I have a spare tracker book if you want one

LittleMissSparkles
02-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Hi
I have designed a form for observation all you have to do is either put a photo in or write in one box then highlight what area it covers then in the last box write how you will take the next the child to the next stage.

Shirl

can i be cheeky Shirl and ask for a copy please xxx

angeldelight
02-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Dont forget that tracker books are great for guidance

But OFSTED do not like them because they are just like ticker sheets

Angel xxx

mum22
02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Hi

Shirl

Hi Shirl I have pm'd you - re above. thank you
I am now devoting august to eyfs as have just finished a DHC unit and do not start the next till sept.:thumbsup:

Noodles
02-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Whats a tracker book :o

sarah707
02-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Whats a tracker book :o

It is a book produced by a company making lots of money out of people worried about observations for eyfs.

http://www.qed.uk.com/childminders.htm

It is like a tick list ...

Ofsted do not like them.

Hope this helps :D

jaz
02-08-2008, 06:07 PM
hi Shirl

i have pmd you

J
x

LittleMissSparkles
02-08-2008, 09:29 PM
thanks babe xxx

Spangles
02-08-2008, 11:04 PM
That sounds really good Shirl, I'm going to pm you too, hope you don't mind - please feel free to tell me to get lost for being so cheeky! Ha ha!

miffy
03-08-2008, 07:05 AM
That sounds really good Shirl, I'm going to pm you too, hope you don't mind - please feel free to tell me to get lost for being so cheeky! Ha ha!

I'm going to do the same :)

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
03-08-2008, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE=Shirlwith3;198879]Hi

Hi Shirl

Would love a copy as I am getting stuck

Thanks

Debbie:clapping:

Shirlwith3
03-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I hope all that have requested a copy have received the form & that you can understadn it.

Shirl

Helpinghands
03-08-2008, 12:01 PM
I hope all that have requested a copy have received the form & that you can understadn it.

Shirl

Thanks Shirl, it's given me an idea of what I want to do :)

Chatterbox Childcare
03-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Thank you Shirl

Will help a lot.

:clapping: Debbie

Hi Shirl

Would love a copy as I am getting stuck

Thanks

Debbie:clapping:[/QUOTE]

Mrs M
03-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi

Shirl

Hi Shirl,
I wonder if you would be kind enough to send me a copy too. Sorry to be a pain! I'm already following the EYFS but sometimes when I'm reading threads on here i just wonder if I'm doing enough!
Thanks very much Shirl x

donnahay0
03-08-2008, 05:34 PM
I am doing something similar to what Sarah had mentioned. I am using the development grids - have re-typed them into my own format with a column for date & a little observation note agains each one taken from observations done on the child. This way I can take the information from this sheet to do an assessmnt on the child to give to the parents. I have just done my first assessment & I think it went really well.

Spangles
03-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Thank you so much Shirl, that's really, really brilliant!

jellybaby
03-08-2008, 06:52 PM
hi shirl, thanks for your input, plessssse may i have a copy of your obs sheet, so i can look to see how you are writing it up. thanks so much! :clapping:

hbomb1
03-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Hi Shirl,

Only just seen this thread, and I too would like a copy of your obs sheet. I am worried about EYFS and everything that is involved and starting to panic.

Thank you so much

:thank you:

Spangles
03-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Join the club Helen!

miffy
03-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks Shirl - it's great

To anyone else wanting a copy of this please pm Shirl -

DON'T PUT YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS ON THE OPEN FORUM WHERE ANYONE CAN READ IT

Miffy xx

lilliuspillius
04-08-2008, 10:33 AM
hello shirl, i have sent you a pm, and am hoping you can send me a copy of your obs sheet please!!. many thanks
Hermione

sandy
04-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I'd really like a copy of your obs sheet shirl....... how do I pm you.

Really hope you don't mind

Thanks
Sandy

Karen88
05-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi Shirl
Just reading the thread, i am going to be cheeky also, can you e-mail me a copy too!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Karen

Mrs.L.C
05-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Not sure if it helps but i put all photos/obs/some peices of work in to an evidance book (scrap book) and i section off the dif areas. For example id have a few pages for each area of birth to three/foundation stage (PSE, Physical, Creative etc)...now changing to the 6 areas in EYFS(not much dif to the foundation stage) then put the photos etc in date order into the areas they come under. I can then glance at that and the areas in the EYFS to see where to go next. Most of the time though you know where to go next without having it written down/marked off but you just need away to show ofsted where you are coming from

I have for each child under 5 atm.

EllieF
05-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Sounds simple and straightforward and does the job - great stuff !
Ellie

angeldelight
05-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks Miffy for pointing out about the emails in this thread

I have removed any email address that was in this thread - they are open to anyone to view so we do not put them here

You must pm = personal message Shirl if you wish her to send you the information

Thanks

Angel xxx

Shirlwith3
06-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Has everyone who asked for a copy received a copy of the form? If not pm me with your address when I can send a copy.

Shirl

miffy
06-08-2008, 06:29 AM
Thank you Shirl - that's great - good of you to share

Miffy xx

Shirlwith3
06-08-2008, 07:00 AM
I have share this wih a fellow childminder here she had another version & showed it to our Childminding Developement work & she said it needed and extra box say "Next Stage" which is what I had already had done.
Shirl

Cammie Doodle
06-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi Shirl I have pm 'd you

rainbowsdawn
13-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi

Shirl

Can i be cheeky and also have a copy please:D

balloon
13-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Would it be really cheeky if I asked if I could take a peek too? Please feel free to refuse if its too much of a cheek.

TIA
Lxx

littletreasures
13-08-2008, 04:11 PM
I have pm'd you for a copy Shirl.

Thanks

Banana
14-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Our local Early years team have put together learning diaries which they are selling for 50p each. I have sen one and am picking mine up tonight as they do look very good. I have been trying to get organised for my Ofsted inspection as im taking no chances on not being ready in the new house! What a nightmare though!

x