PDA

View Full Version : Who signs the contract??

AliceK
02-03-2015, 02:33 PM
I have grandparents coming to see me this week regarding looking after their grandson. Grandson and mum lives with the grandparents but the grandparents look after the LO whilst mum works and it is them who are looking for childcare for him. I'm assuming it is only mum who has PR so just wondering whether the grandparents would be able to sign the contract for care?? Can anyone advise on this, never had this before.
Thanks

xxx

lollipop kid
02-03-2015, 04:39 PM
I have grandparents coming to see me this week regarding looking after their grandson. Grandson and mum lives with the grandparents but the grandparents look after the LO whilst mum works and it is them who are looking for childcare for him. I'm assuming it is only mum who has PR so just wondering whether the grandparents would be able to sign the contract for care?? Can anyone advise on this, never had this before.
Thanks

xxx

The person who pays the fee will need to be the one who signs the contract. Especially if they get Childcare vouchers or help from another source on paying the fees.

It should also be them the contract (and policies) are addressed to. And I believe it should be Mum, as she is the one with Parental responsibility.

Hope that helps,

L

Mouse
02-03-2015, 05:07 PM
I would check with your insurance company.

I had one grandma who looked after her grandson, but it was done through the courts, so she had responsibility. If there's nothing legal in place I would check it out with your insurance company.

clareelizabeth1
02-03-2015, 05:36 PM
I would get mum and one grandparent to sign so your covered money wise and pr wise

bunyip
02-03-2015, 07:35 PM
And check mum is old enough to sign a contract.

AliceK
02-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Thank you for all your advice. I'll call mm tomorrow.

xx

hectors house
03-03-2015, 09:20 AM
And check mum is old enough to sign a contract.

Legal age for anyone to sign a contract with a monetary responsibility is 18 years old.