PDA

View Full Version : 2yr progress check - would you wait?

janminder
28-02-2015, 10:34 AM
I have a child on a Wednesday and Thursday so next week on the 4th and 5th he will be 2yrs on the 6th and his Health Visitor 2yr check is on the 9th. Would you do a check on the Wednesday so that parents can go through it with you to take it away on Thursday to give to the Health Visitor or wait till he is a bit older. I have had him nearly a year.

Many thanks

lollipop kid
28-02-2015, 10:41 AM
I have a child on a Wednesday and Thursday so next week on the 4th and 5th he will be 2yrs on the 6th and his Health Visitor 2yr check is on the 9th. Would you do a check on the Wednesday so that parents can go through it with you to take it away on Thursday to give to the Health Visitor or wait till he is a bit older. I have had him nearly a year.

Many thanks

I would do it now if you can so the parents can take it with them to the check. Their check is a bit early - it's usually done at 27 months - but doing it to coincide with the check is a good idea. (I'd try to get the parents to tell you about the check afterwards as well and make a note of the conversation. It shows working with parents and trying to co-ordinate what you do for the child with his two year check.)

Good luck,

L

blue bear
28-02-2015, 12:15 PM
I'd do it this weekend and email to parent to ask for additions or amendments, then print out the final copy ready to take to health visitor. Me personally I do another '2 year check' In six months (I do a summative assessment every six months so title the ones where child happens to be 2, 2 year progress check.

FloraDora
28-02-2015, 12:24 PM
I'd do it this weekend and email to parent to ask for additions or amendments, then print out the final copy ready to take to health visitor. Me personally I do another '2 year check' In six months (I do a summative assessment every six months so title the ones where child happens to be 2, 2 year progress check.

Like you I use my half termly summary as a two year check when it is needed.
Mrs O asked me if I have done a 2 year check, I explained I had actuall completed 3 - they are in my summary section, exactly the same format as others only titled 2 year check ( I actually based my others on an example 2 yr check that I liked). Just more space for 3 other areas on older children.
She liked that The 2 yr check was part of my assessment and review cycle, not something done 'because you have to'.

janminder
28-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Thanks for replies. Will do then and call my next assessment 2yr progress check too.

lollipop kid
28-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Thanks for replies. Will do then and call my next assessment 2yr progress check too.

I"d call this one "EYFS Progress Check at Age Two". (As per the title of the "Know How Guide")

You could call the next one "27 month progress check" or similar (depending on age of child at the time).

Hope that helps,

L