PDA

View Full Version : Claiming JSA whilst waiting to be CM?

mumofone
27-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Just wondered if anyone claimed JSA whilst waiting to start childminding. I may have to do this because the whole process is taking soo long. I'm not sure if the job centre would accept starting up as a CM a viable career though?

Mindful Mama
27-02-2015, 01:45 PM
They would see it as a viable carer but you will have to "prove you are looking for work" unfortunately. I once claimed and got offered a job, contract to begin in 3 weeks. The job centre still made me fill in my job booklet and look for work...:-/

tulip0803
27-02-2015, 02:03 PM
I did many years ago - when I told the adviser I was thinking of registering she said I would not be able to claim as I was not available for work. So I had to be available for work whilst I registered, luckily I didn't get offered anything, the closest I got was being told I was over qualified for an office job, with my 1 a level, 2 o levels and 4 CSEs, level 2 typing - because I would have to do a bit of hovering each day :laughing:

lollipop kid
27-02-2015, 02:11 PM
I did many years ago - when I told the adviser I was thinking of registering she said I would not be able to claim as I was not available for work. So I had to be available for work whilst I registered, luckily I didn't get offered anything, the closest I got was being told I was over qualified for an office job, with my 1 a level, 2 o levels and 4 CSEs, level 2 typing - because I would have to do a bit of hovering each day :laughing:

See - that's the kind of job I want. I'd love to hover all day! :D

L

mumofone
27-02-2015, 03:34 PM
See - that's the kind of job I want. I'd love to hover all day! :D L

You're welcome to come do mine LK! :-)