PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about fees

AliceK
25-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Had an enquiry about odd adhoc care for a 6mth old. If you usually charge £4 phr inclusive, what would you charge for adhoc care?
I have done lots of adhoc in the past although usually for slightly older children and only charge approx. 20p more but tbh have never thought it enough. It's a lot of potential hassle doing adhoc work until you get to know the child, paperwork etc.
What kind of hourly rate would you charge for this??

xxx

JCrakers
25-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Not too sure about adhoc for under 5's. I've done it before but with an over 8 so just charged as and when.

Its really difficult to say as they are literally taking a 5 day week space. If they are a sibling of an existing child meaning I would have 4 under 5 then I would be inclined to charge normal rate as they wouldn't be taking a space. But if it's a new child then you'll have to charge more but unsure how much.

If your normal rate is £4 how about £5 just to make up for the fact that they are taking more days than they are actually taking.

Mouse
25-02-2015, 10:58 AM
I have 2 ad hoc children who come now & again and I charge £1 an hour extra for them.

I don't save any spaces for them. Usual parents phone me up to ask what spaces I will have available during a certain week and I tell them. They can then book & pay for the times they want. Sometimes it's only for a couple of hours, sometimes for a full day.
Other times they'll phone up & ask if I can have the child on a certain day. If I can I'll do it, if I can't I won't.

I don't save any spaces for them and I am under no obligation to take them, even if I do have the space. Parents know not to reply on me having a space unless it is booked and paid for. If they want guaranteed days they need to pay full fee for them.

natlou82
25-02-2015, 11:29 AM
I offer AdHoc care but there's no guarantees that I will be available as I don't reserve spaces for them. Parents can contact me and ask if I have space on x day/ x times. I ll say yes or no and they pay for that date and time. I charge my normal rate as its a little bit of extra income for me (a small bonus) I don't really think about extra paperwork as once we've filled in child record forms and signed a contract there isn't much paperwork to be done unless they start coming regularly and then it's not really AdHoc.

TinyTinker
25-02-2015, 01:55 PM
I only do ad-hoc on the understanding that they get in touch to ask when they need the care for and only if I have space can they come. So they need to realise I may not be able to do it. I still charge my normal hourly rate.

AliceK
25-02-2015, 02:11 PM
I was interested to see how much extra per hour (or not) some of you charge for adhoc. I do offer adhoc to many families already, I have all shift workers as contracted parents so it does mean I often have spaces on an adhoc basis so if a parent calls needing a space I can either offer it or not. They are not contracted parents. BUT, because it's the difference between having a quieter day when one or two of my shift workers aren't in or taking on an adhoc child and having a busier day I need to feel it is worth my while. I think I will charge 70p per hr more than my contracted rates. If it's too much for them then I'm not that bothered as I do like to have a quieter day now and then as some days are absolutely manic when all my shiftees are in lol.

Thanks all

xxx