PDA

View Full Version : Getting your business onto google?

mumofone
24-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know how to get their name into a Google search for instance if you typed "childminder london" how to get yours to pop up? Does this cost? Does anyone's on here appear?

Conkey
25-02-2015, 08:23 AM
Hi mumofone
You need to register yourself with as many free business listing sites as you possibly can eg childcare.co.uk, yell etc. Type new text into each (Don't copy and paste) with as many keywords as possible eg mention your town and 'childminder' or 'childcare' as many times as sounds ok. Most importantly, create yourself a google+ account and sign up for google maps, this will then list your name on the first name of a search with the pin on the map. Check your home insurance as I had to switch as my original provider didn't like my address being listed on the map. This all takes quite a long time but costs nothing. I just got an enquiry based solely on a google search.
Hope that helps x

mumofone
25-02-2015, 08:36 AM
Hi mumofone You need to register yourself with as many free business listing sites as you possibly can eg childcare.co.uk, yell etc. Type new text into each (Don't copy and paste) with as many keywords as possible eg mention your town and 'childminder' or 'childcare' as many times as sounds ok. Most importantly, create yourself a google+ account and sign up for google maps, this will then list your name on the first name of a search with the pin on the map. Check your home insurance as I had to switch as my original provider didn't like my address being listed on the map. This all takes quite a long time but costs nothing. I just got an enquiry based solely on a google search. Hope that helps x

Thanks so much Conkey that's great :-) :-) :-) x

bunyip
25-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Hi mumofone
You need to register yourself with as many free business listing sites as you possibly can eg childcare.co.uk, yell etc. Type new text into each (Don't copy and paste) with as many keywords as possible eg mention your town and 'childminder' or 'childcare' as many times as sounds ok. Most importantly, create yourself a google+ account and sign up for google maps, this will then list your name on the first name of a search with the pin on the map. Check your home insurance as I had to switch as my original provider didn't like my address being listed on the map. This all takes quite a long time but costs nothing. I just got an enquiry based solely on a google search.
Hope that helps x

All true and correct. :thumbsup:

However, if someone else comes along and they pay a big wedge to one of the many interwebnet companies which get paid to do exactly what you're wanting, they'll effective trump your time and effort with hard cash. It wouldn't have to be a CM. A string of nurseries would probably have the resources to pay to have a high search results position for "childminder" (as well as "nursery" "childcare" "early years" and a few dozen other related terms.)

A Google search which includes a location will usually return Google-Ad results first, then a map and Google members next. Research suggests that very few people will even scroll down the first page of a search result, and by the time you reach page two, look out for the tumbleweed. :p

One thing to bear in mind. How much unsolicited cr4p do you enjoy dealing with. I started out by signing up to Yell.com and the county FIS listings only and I get heaps of unwanted emails and phone calls as a result. :( Everything 'free' comes at a price.

mumofone
09-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Hi mumofone You need to register yourself with as many free business listing sites as you possibly can eg childcare.co.uk, yell etc. Type new text into each (Don't copy and paste) with as many keywords as possible eg mention your town and 'childminder' or 'childcare' as many times as sounds ok. Most importantly, create yourself a google+ account and sign up for google maps, this will then list your name on the first name of a search with the pin on the map. Check your home insurance as I had to switch as my original provider didn't like my address being listed on the map. This all takes quite a long time but costs nothing. I just got an enquiry based solely on a google search. Hope that helps x

Hey Conkey, I've got myself a Google plus account and now when I type in my business name it appears in the listings but i can't work out how to appear as a pin on google maps and how to appear as a childminder under my town...any ideas? I'm not very good at this!!

mumofone
28-08-2015, 08:19 PM
Anyone able to help me to get my business name to come up on google when I type its name into Google? Any help appreciated :-)

clareelizabeth1
28-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Google Adwords is what you need google it and the site will come up it will cost you so much each time it's clicked. But it's quite reasonably priced I use it for my cloth nappy site buzz bums.

mumofone
30-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Google Adwords is what you need google it and the site will come up it will cost you so much each time it's clicked. But it's quite reasonably priced I use it for my cloth nappy site buzz bums.

Thanks, there must be a way to do it without paying surely?

AliceK
30-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Mine comes up on the little map thing. No idea how it got there though lol. I haven't done anything to get it put there.

xx