PDA

View Full Version : please read

Happy Bunny
24-02-2015, 08:31 PM
My grandson has been diagnosed with leukaemia.
In all probability he will need a bone marrow transplant.
It takes a simple mouth swab to find out if you are a match with someone.
It's not until something like this happens in your family that you think of donating.
Please think about his there are not enough donors out there.
https://www.deletebloodcancer.org.uk/en/register-now

mama2three
24-02-2015, 08:36 PM
What a shock for you all
Hope a perfect match is found quickly x

Happy Bunny
24-02-2015, 08:41 PM
thank you, also I know a lot of people use the sainsburys active kids vouchers for themselves but I was wondering if anyone who doesn't use them would send them to me so I can donate a useful resource to the hospital for the childrens play are outside.

Maza
24-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Oh I'm sorry to hear of your news. Sending you lots of love and strength, and remember we are all here for you.
I will take a look at the website. xxx

Lottie
24-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Sending you positive thoughts and best wishes. I hope a match is found quickly and your grandson gets well very very soon! :thumbsup: Xx

blue bear
24-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Sorry we don't swap at sainsburys. Will look at the website. Your family is in my prayers

Ripeberry
24-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your grandson. I've been on the donor register for a few years. It's easy to register but they do ask for a donation as it's a charity. It really should be part of the NHS.

natlou82
24-02-2015, 09:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your news. I hope a match is found quickly if that is what he needs. Sending love to your family at this time x

FussyElmo
24-02-2015, 09:18 PM
I will keep you in my prayers xxx

hectors house
24-02-2015, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hear that your grandson is so poorly - hope a donor match is found soon and thank you for posting about the register - it's something I will sign up for and I seem to have lapsed from attending blood donors so will make it a belated New Years resolution to get back onto the system. Sending love and prayers to you and your family xxx

Kirstylob
25-02-2015, 01:27 PM
So sorry to hear about your Grandson. I hope a donor is found soon. I am a blood donor and am registered with them for bone marrow to. I will use your link and see if I can register there as well. Xx

julie w
26-02-2015, 11:26 AM
My heart goes out to you xxx. May I just add something I didnt realise until recently. You can still be a bone marrow donor even if you cant give blood. I cannot donate blood due to a transfusion years ago but I was ok to sign up to bone marrow donor site. xxx

Jiorjiina
28-02-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandson! I hope you find a match soon.

I can't give blood (the spirit is willing, but the veins are small and not bleedy enough!) but I have been on the bone marrow register for several years now.