PDA

View Full Version : head lice

PaulaR
01-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Hello everyone.
I am updating my policies and am I right in thinking that we can't exclude anyone who has head lice? Can we remove nits ourselves if we see them or do we just leave them?

sue m
01-08-2008, 06:34 PM
That one surprised me Paula. I don't know the answer but I certainly wouldn't want head lice in the house where there are other children - and me! Scratching now, why do we always do that?????

PaulaR
01-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I thought I had heard it somewhere that we can't exclude. I haven't come across the problem yet but its bound to happen one day so I would like to be prepared.
Any one else know??

LOOPYLISA
01-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Don.t talk to me about nits!:angry:

Why is it when the kids arnt even at school they go and get them:angry:

Spent all this week de-nitting :panic:

Mollymop
01-08-2008, 08:52 PM
No you can't exclude children who have nits and that is a pain in the a££

My daughter had nits a few weeks ago and it was a pain to get rid of, the parents were fab, still brought the kids, but I have a sneaky feeling that the nits came from one of my mindees anyway.

sarah707
01-08-2008, 09:00 PM
There is no Govt exclusion for nits but that does not mean you cannot exclude...

It depends on what your policy says.

Mine says that I will be as inclusive as possible but if nits are clearly visible a 2nd session, after I have told the parents once, then I will send the child home until they have been treated. I am sick of me and my family getting the things.

No you can't pick them out - that's not allowed.

Word your policy to cover yourself - your house, your business, your rules. :D

miffy
01-08-2008, 09:16 PM
There is no Govt exclusion for nits but that does not mean you cannot exclude...

It depends on what your policy says.

Mine says that I will be as inclusive as possible but if nits are clearly visible a 2nd session, after I have told the parents once, then I will send the child home until they have been treated. I am sick of me and my family getting the things.

No you can't pick them out - that's not allowed.

Word your policy to cover yourself - your house, your business, your rules. :D

I agree :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

DonnaE
02-08-2008, 02:29 PM
A little girl I look after is just one big nit!! I never thought anything of it when I first started looking after her and she said her nickname at her previous school was Nitty Nora - it took me a while to realise what she had said and then thought Noooooooooooooooooooooo!! She has them every week and her hair is down to her bottom and my kids have caught them from her too. I keep telling the mother and she is like oh okay I'll treat her but I really don't think she does. The last time I mentioned it I did say if I saw them in her hair again she wouldn't be able to come to me until they were gone - and touch wood this has worked - a little threat has worked wonders!!! :laughing: