PDA

View Full Version : Downloading video observations

hectors house
23-02-2015, 07:50 PM
I lost my old camera whilst ski-ing a few weeks ago and have bought a Sony Cypershot DSC-W830, don't know if anyone can help me but I can't work out how to download my video observations?

On old Samsung camera I just put camera card in computer and it downloaded all photos and videos in order that I had taken them onto the computer, but have just tried downloading photos and videos from last Friday (only got camera last week) and only the photos have downloaded. Have tried on-line tutorials but all I can find is Importing movies to a computer using iMovie '09, and I start off following the tutorial but haven't got the settings on my camera that it talks about and I'm not sure that this is what I need to be doing! This is where I got stuck "Set the LUN settings of the camera to Single, by selecting [MENU] > (Settings) > (Main Settings) > [LUN Settings] > [Single]." I can get as far as main settings but haven't got the option of LUN settings!

Really stressed about this as I am doing a course on "Supporting children with speech, language and communication needs" and my video observations are a vital part of my coursework.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

FussyElmo
24-02-2015, 08:26 AM
I lost my old camera whilst ski-ing a few weeks ago and have bought a Sony Cypershot DSC-W830, don't know if anyone can help me but I can't work out how to download my video observations?

On old Samsung camera I just put camera card in computer and it downloaded all photos and videos in order that I had taken them onto the computer, but have just tried downloading photos and videos from last Friday (only got camera last week) and only the photos have downloaded. Have tried on-line tutorials but all I can find is Importing movies to a computer using iMovie '09, and I start off following the tutorial but haven't got the settings on my camera that it talks about and I'm not sure that this is what I need to be doing! This is where I got stuck "Set the LUN settings of the camera to Single, by selecting [MENU] > (Settings) > (Main Settings) > [LUN Settings] > [Single]." I can get as far as main settings but haven't got the option of LUN settings!

Really stressed about this as I am doing a course on "Supporting children with speech, language and communication needs" and my video observations are a vital part of my coursework.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Do Sony have a tech line you could ring sometimes being talked through it is easier than reading it :D

hectors house
24-02-2015, 08:30 AM
Do Sony have a tech line you could ring sometimes being talked through it is easier than reading it :D

Thanks - have realised that videos have been downloaded into a separate file but my computer is so old I don't have any of the right programmes to view them. I can at least download to computer and upload to Tapestry.