PDA

View Full Version : Oil tank in garden

mumofone
21-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Does anyone else have an oil tank in their garden and had to risk assess it? I have one but not quite sure what can be done to make it safe but not sure it would be seen as a hazard either, any experience or thoughts? Thank you!

clareelizabeth1
22-02-2015, 07:32 AM
Don't have an oil tank where children can get it as it just happened to be behind a fence but our gas bottles wernt and as they have dials on and tubes they might be able to yank off I built a box around them but that was to protect the mindies.

Don't know what ur oil tank is like but when mine gets close to empty it gets very light and could be pushed off. Do you have a tube coming off yours so you can see how much is left. Could it be ripped off. Then if there is a fire make sure your meeting point is no where near it.

FussyElmo
22-02-2015, 07:54 AM
As always its about the ra.

Can the children be hurt? If yes how can you lower the risk of this happening? Could you consider fencing it off that wont stop a very determined child but will slow them down.

Take in the considerations that clareelizabeth has said what can you do to minimise the risks there.