PDA

View Full Version : Name?

cjh
19-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Hi, I am in the slow process of registering just wondering about a name for my childminding business...do you have to have an official name?? What if someone already has the same name?? I hadn't really thought about this before up till now??
thanks.

loocyloo
20-02-2015, 08:18 AM
I just use my own name!

I thought about becoming 'little something or the other' or some alliterative thing, but I don't do 'cutsey' and I also didn't want to alienate any older children who come to me. Usually the children say they are going to 'loocyloo's' or 'loocyloo's house'.

I prefer everyone to just have to know my name. it also means that people I know/meet, don't have to remember who I am as such, they just need my name!
I know a minder that uses a ( in her words ) 'kid friendly' version of her name and half the parents don't know whether they should use her real name or her 'kid friendly' name!

FussyElmo
20-02-2015, 08:35 AM
I just use my own name!

I thought about becoming 'little something or the other' or some alliterative thing, but I don't do 'cutsey' and I also didn't want to alienate any older children who come to me. Usually the children say they are going to 'loocyloo's' or 'loocyloo's house'.

I prefer everyone to just have to know my name. it also means that people I know/meet, don't have to remember who I am as such, they just need my name!
I know a minder that uses a ( in her words ) 'kid friendly' version of her name and half the parents don't know whether they should use her real name or her 'kid friendly' name!

Im the same all the children just say they are going to fussy's

mama2three
20-02-2015, 09:21 AM
I chose to have a business name ..mainly for advertising purposes. I didn't really want my own full name and phone number to be on the side of my car etc......

Actually other than listings on yell , and the headings on my policies etc , my business name is rarely used. The children probably don't know it at all!!

I do know of other childminders who use the same name. They are too far away for it to matter , but I did check locally before I chose the name.

natlou82
20-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Ha ha this makes me laugh as I thought about Nats Nippers - which then led my DH to imply many other thoughts to this which were not child appropriate lol. So my advice choose carefully if you do decide on a name. Actually using my real name is actually an asset as my surname is a strange spelling and combined with my forename it's rare - great for website/google searches etc :-)

Mouse
20-02-2015, 10:25 AM
I do have a business name, but only use it for yellow pages etc. If someone phones and asks for my by that name I know where they've got the number from. I also know that the majority of calls asking for that name will be people trying to sell me something!

I'm just known by my name and my headed paper just says 'Mouse's Childminding'

cjh
20-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Im glad im not the only one who doesn't like all these cutesy names...So I think I will just have my own name :)