PDA

View Full Version : Let's play Frozen!

Mouse
18-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Two 4yr olds and a 3yr old tell me the're playing "Frozen" - 2 are pretending to be sisters, one's a snowman. They're singing, dancing and shivering with cold. I've seen the film, so I'm following it so far. So sweet :)

Then they're all dogs and one is lost in the snow so they're searching for it...while singing songs from Frozen and calling each other Elsa & Anna. I obviously missed that part of the film as it doesn't ring any bells ;)

All of a sudden one of the dogs is dead and another shouts "come quick, I'm having a baby". She proceeds to tuck a soft toy into the waist of her tights and prepares to give birth...while singing Let it Go... I'm beginning to see why Disney didn't go with this version :eek:

smurfette
18-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Hilarious!! Let it go indeed maybe all mums could sing that while
Giving birth!

lollipop kid
18-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Two 4yr olds and a 3yr old tell me the're playing "Frozen" - 2 are pretending to be sisters, one's a snowman. They're singing, dancing and shivering with cold. I've seen the film, so I'm following it so far. So sweet :)

Then they're all dogs and one is lost in the snow so they're searching for it...while singing songs from Frozen and calling each other Elsa & Anna. I obviously missed that part of the film as it doesn't ring any bells ;)

All of a sudden one of the dogs is dead and another shouts "come quick, I'm having a baby". She proceeds to tuck a soft toy into the waist of her tights and prepares to give birth...while singing Let it Go... I'm beginning to see why Disney didn't go with this version :eek:

Perhaps they saw the Robbie Williams video on his Facebook? (You know, with his wife giving birth in high heels, and him singing "Let it go?" - Let's hope his wife remembers the lyrics to that song so she can sing it to him when she's divorcing him in a couple of years!!!) :laughing:

tulip0803
18-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Up until the dead dog and the pregnancy I was beginning to wonder why you have my LOs there today - I know they aren't with me so it is possible :laughing: We regularly have Frozen that morphs into dogs here never worked out why but obviously it's a "thing"!

bunyip
18-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Hilarious!! Let it go indeed maybe all mums could sing that while
Giving birth!

There's a certain symmetry in that..................

...............as a man, I can only imagine that childbirth must be almost as painful as listening to mindees screeching, "let it GO, let it GOOOooooOOOOOooooOOO :rolleyes:

TinyTinker
18-02-2015, 08:48 PM
My 5 year old wanted to play frozen games on the computer, so I searched to see if there were any.....found Elsa sitting on a toilet with interactive things when she poops and flushes she says let it go! and drops her mobile in the loo etc.....then I found Anna pregnant about to give birth with Christof at her side and you had to interact her pushing and him mopping her brow etc!

seen it all now! lol this was on a website called games for girls!:rolleyes:

Mouse
18-02-2015, 09:28 PM
My 5 year old wanted to play frozen games on the computer, so I searched to see if there were any.....found Elsa sitting on a toilet with interactive things when she poops and flushes she says let it go! and drops her mobile in the loo etc.....then I found Anna pregnant about to give birth with Christof at her side and you had to interact her pushing and him mopping her brow etc!

seen it all now! lol this was on a website called games for girls!:rolleyes:

Blimey! I wasn't even aware there were websites like that :laughing:

loocyloo
18-02-2015, 09:45 PM
My ds s favourite song on YouTube is 'let one go' ... it is funny first time but I'm bored of it now!

Rubybubbles
19-02-2015, 07:28 AM
I'm so glad my own 10 year old girl isn't into Disney anymore!!

My 3 yr old mindie sings the songs but easily distracted haha

FloraDora
19-02-2015, 07:40 AM
I always find it amazing how certain films capture the children more than others....It started with Jungle book..then Lion King... Now Frozen.
As I don't have young children I have yet to see Frozen, apart from the trailer...but I know the songs from my LO's ! Or their 3 year old versions anyway!

Shopping last night I was drawn to a pack of crayons with Elsa's picture on it ( now that would encourage my reluctant Mark maker but frozen fanatic to the writing area!), then I saw a water bottle.. ( my 'I won't drink water ...ever 'child might be tempted with an Olaf water bottle) .....hair clasps...( my ' pull clasps out of my hair the instant they are put in' child who spends her life pushing her wisps of hair away from her face).... WOW...the spin off manufacturers know their stuff ..how easy was that to persuade me to buy their merchandising!!

And I haven't even seen the film! Though I have a feeling I may be getting it for my birthday.....

Mouse
19-02-2015, 08:39 AM
I always find it amazing how certain films capture the children more than others....It started with Jungle book..then Lion King... Now Frozen.
As I don't have young children I have yet to see Frozen, apart from the trailer...but I know the songs from my LO's ! Or their 3 year old versions anyway!

Shopping last night I was drawn to a pack of crayons with Elsa's picture on it ( now that would encourage my reluctant Mark maker but frozen fanatic to the writing area!), then I saw a water bottle.. ( my 'I won't drink water ...ever 'child might be tempted with an Olaf water bottle) .....hair clasps...( my ' pull clasps out of my hair the instant they are put in' child who spends her life pushing her wisps of hair away from her face).... WOW...the spin off manufacturers know their stuff ..how easy was that to persuade me to buy their merchandising!!

And I haven't even seen the film! Though I have a feeling I may be getting it for my birthday.....

Ah, the eternal merchandising question - does the film make the merchandise popular, or does all the merchandise make the film a hit?

When my own children were little there wasn't nearly so much tat about to accompany the films (sorry, did I call the merchandise tat?). I don't ever remember seeing a Mowgli lunchbox in Asda, or Simba underpants for my little boys. They loved the films themselves.

Nowadays we're bombarded by merchandise before the film even hits the cinema. By the time I got round to watching Frozen (which I admit I did enjoy), I knew all about it from the insane amount of 'stuff' that I couldn't avoid in any shop I went into. And I don't believe I have a friend with a 5 year old daughter who HASN'T had a Frozen themed birthday party, along with the other new phenomenon - the lady dressed up to look like a Disney princess (or not look at all like a Disney princess going by the ones I've seen!)

watford wizz
19-02-2015, 11:57 AM
This week with the older ones home from school 4 were engaged in a game of "frozen" lots of blue material bits, white sheet over chairs for ice palace etc intermittent singing whilst a 3 year old not wanting to play wondered around and every so often stopped pointed his fingers and made a sssss noise. When I asked what he was doing he pointed made the ssss noise and said "anti freeze". Made me smile!

loocyloo
19-02-2015, 12:13 PM
This week with the older ones home from school 4 were engaged in a game of "frozen" lots of blue material bits, white sheet over chairs for ice palace etc intermittent singing whilst a 3 year old not wanting to play wondered around and every so often stopped pointed his fingers and made a sssss noise. When I asked what he was doing he pointed made the ssss noise and said "anti freeze". Made me smile!

That's brilliant!