PDA

View Full Version : DBS dispute

Elisa1230
16-02-2015, 10:38 PM
Hi I am pre-reg and am new to this, I received my dbs today and my ex partner who k split up with over 4 years ago and never see (even though i have children by him) because he is on his own world which consists of drugs. So I am about to dispute this BUT can I apply to Ofsted whilst the dispute is going on, so it can kinda of run parallel together OR do I have to wait U til dispute is over before applying? It took me a long time to get away from my ex because of domestic violence etc and I can not have his name ruining my future! Can anyone advise me what to do because k don't know the process of ofsted coming out whilst his name is still on it etc etc etc

sarah707
17-02-2015, 07:47 PM
You need dbs for every over 16 living on the premises - and the DBS update service £13 a year - before you can apply to Ofsted using the online Ey2 form x

blue bear
17-02-2015, 09:39 PM
I don't understand, did you get your DBS clear ? Or is there a problem on it?
Does your ex live with you? Are you applying for DBS for him

Probably just me having a fuzzy brain with school holidays

AliceK
18-02-2015, 07:57 AM
If your ex doesn't live on your premises then his history is irrelevant to you. You say you never even see him so it's only your dbs that Ofsted will need from you not his.

Good luck

xxx

FussyElmo
18-02-2015, 08:49 AM
I must admit Im confused to why your ex would affect your dbs

bunyip
18-02-2015, 07:10 PM
I must admit Im confused to why your ex would affect your dbs

Me too. :confused:

Maybe he could still have legal access to his children and therefore Ofsted would be concerned over him potentially turning up at the OP's premises? :huh:

Maybe the OP is worried unnecessarily. I lived through domestic violence issues as a child, and it causes all sorts of anxieties: both founded and unfounded. :(

Impossible to say until the OP gets back to us. Hope she does as this forum is the top place for the kind of support needed.