PDA

View Full Version : Guests who stay over protocol?

jadavi
16-02-2015, 12:40 PM
I have some US friends staying for in and out visits over four weeks, do I need to tell Ofsted?
Thanks for advice

FloraDora
16-02-2015, 01:16 PM
When I had my Min Law stay when she was recovering from an operation last year I rang to ask if they needed to know...I thought initially just two weeks ...they did take her name and home address then I got a call later from someone more senior to remind me that M in Law was not to be in a room on her own ....but they were perfectly happy with her being there.
Always best to let them know I think.

moggy
16-02-2015, 01:17 PM
They are not living there, they are not new members of your household,
They will not have any unsupervised contact with the mindees.
So I can not see why Ofsted would be interested.

I would be informing the parents though and RA the situation- will they be in the house while you are minding? Where will they be? What about when you are in kitchen/loo? etc.

rickysmiths
16-02-2015, 01:40 PM
I don't advise Ofsted of all my visitors I just make sure they are not left alone with the minded children. I usually tell parents if I have people satying in the week.

AliceK
16-02-2015, 01:59 PM
My mum and dad came to stay with me for an unknown at the time period when they moved back to the UK. I let Ofsted know and told them I had RA it all and that at no point would my parents be left alone with mindees. I wanted to know if Ofsted needed to CRB check them. I was told that even though they would potentially be staying with me for quite a long time as they were not key holders to come and go at will then they did not need to be.
I did obviously tell all parents.

xxx

jadavi
16-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Thanks that's great xx