PDA

View Full Version : Not worth going out!

Fitrix
16-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Wanted to get kids out before heavy rain sets in so loaded up car and off to the park. Carpark was very busy so made a judgement call. Rather than trek 7 kids (3 not long walking) across 7 rows of cars and 2 roadways, I parked in a disabled bay at the front right by the park. I don't agree with parking in disabled bays but there are 20+ disabled bays there which are never all used and safety of kids is more important to me. Common sense I'd have thought. The kids all had a great time except one who won't do anything if she's not in the mood. She sat in one spot shivering and moaning (she wasn't cold as I'd wrapped her up in layers and a thick snowsuit) and three people quizzed me about her, expressing concern. I could see her at all times but was supervising the others who were having a great time. I've come away feeling judged, frustrated and with a hefty parking fine. Fabulous. Think I'll stay in for the rest of halfterm......

SYLVIA
16-02-2015, 10:13 PM
That is so annoying! Really ruins your day.

Maza
17-02-2015, 07:57 AM
Oh no, what a horrible day for you. I absolutely HATE it when people comment on my mindees and make me feel judged, absolutely hate it. Hope your evening was better than your day. Let's hope we all have a nicer day today - mine was rubbish too but probably not as bad as yours. xxx

hectors house
17-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Sorry you got a parking ticket, I don't know where they get the ratios for disabled parking from - at our local supermarket there are far more disabled parking spaces than for parents and they are hardly used.

Hope the rest of your week improves :thumbsup: