PDA

View Full Version : Weekly activity planning for individual children

mumofone
11-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Does everyone do this? I read that it's really important but if you are looking after more than one child how can you find time and realistically do a bespoke learning/activity schedule for individual children?
I was going to do a very flexible weekly plan but just how specific does this need to be?

mumofone
11-02-2015, 01:44 PM
I meant to add that I think the childcare register mentions that you need to share what activities the children will be doing with the parents. Does this mean letting parents know in advance or via daily diaries?

mumofone
11-02-2015, 01:57 PM
I meant to add that I think the childcare register mentions that you need to share what activities the children will be doing with the parents. Does this mean letting parents know in advance or via daily diaries?

moggy
11-02-2015, 02:12 PM

That just means that in your leaflet or portfolio that you write 'older children have a choice of board games, lego, outdoor play, television, books and crafts' or whatever- no one can predict or fix what an 8yo will want to do after school! It is about letting parents know if the child will have access to TV or if you do some homework time or plan some outdoor play etc etc.

Once you have some mindees in you will find your own way to plan for the EYFS children- lots of trial and error, try a template from Free Resources and adapt to suit you... everyone has their own way. Planning does not need to even be written down and if you only have 1 child at first you might find it easier just to make notes in a scrap book for obs/next steps/planning and just build on that to see what suits you.

redtiger21
11-02-2015, 05:24 PM
Look at it this way- if you have one child whose language skills you'd like to work on, one whose counting skills, and a third whose manual handling skills need work, you can easily work on all 3 with one group activity, such as water play, or play dough, or messy play- just give a little time and the tools needed to each child to help them work on their goals :) it's so much more simple than it sounds x

mumofone
12-02-2015, 11:28 PM
That just means that in your leaflet or portfolio that you write 'older children have a choice of board games, lego, outdoor play, television, books and crafts' or whatever- no one can predict or fix what an 8yo will want to do after school! It is about letting parents know if the child will have access to TV or if you do some homework time or plan some outdoor play etc etc. Once you have some mindees in you will find your own way to plan for the EYFS children- lots of trial and error, try a template from Free Resources and adapt to suit you... everyone has their own way. Planning does not need to even be written down and if you only have 1 child at first you might find it easier just to make notes in a scrap book for obs/next steps/planning and just build on that to see what suits you.

Thanks moggy :-) :-)

Simona
12-02-2015, 11:39 PM
Does everyone do this? I read that it's really important but if you are looking after more than one child how can you find time and realistically do a bespoke learning/activity schedule for individual children?
I was going to do a very flexible weekly plan but just how specific does this need to be?

It is needs to be individual to each of your EY children....can you do it via your LJ?